𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟒𝟒 ; 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨

"Sometimes you just gotta fight the fucking flames

"Sometimes you just gotta fight the fucking flames."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘ ❀ ༓ ❀ ∘∙⊱⋅•

🌸

"God its cold..." You stated under your breath, the wound on the side of your leg already beginning to show great progress in healing. Hawks looked down at his arms with a chuckle. You nestled yourself close into his fluffy coat for warmth as a building nearby began to grow closer. "Where exactly are we going?"

"To see some old friends, and to sort things out with our situation... it's gotten out of hand."

It was out of hand the minute you got your little fucking friend to kidnap me you fucking microwaveable turkey dinner.

"How? Nobody has even thought to come look for you, or question you." You wanted to stay on his good side. Good side meant no hitting, screaming, yelling, and he wouldn't try to grab on you like the other times. Your finger tips began to grow increasingly cold so in a last attempt to keep them warm, you stuffed your finger tips in his fluffy jacket pockets. He laughed in amusement and finally flew down to their destination.

"What a dump huh?" You nodded. You weren't sure if you could really add on to such a question besides saying 'oh yea' or 'for sure'. "You don't seem to wanna talk much or be snappy? You feeling okay? Under the weather?"

If under the weather means getting slapped around and hit by you every time I'm snappy then yes I'm in an ocean of weather.

"I'm alright, don't worry! It's probably the cold, it's pretty chilly out!" You gave him a smile. He smiled back now reassured you would be okay and waltz you into the building where you were met with a all too familiar face. His words still dancing around your head.

"Aye, uh Dabi. Can I talk to you for a minute?" Hawks stated with a smile. Dabi looked over at you then back at Hawks and gave him a slight shrug. Guess that meant yes in Dabi's body language. You watched the two talk until being coaxed into a corner by Toga who seemed all too friendly having another new face around, especially since you were the only female around at the moment.

You felt a bit at ease. Aside from Toga's constant questions on why you were bound to chains, in you ill stroke mind you wanted to say a little joke and talk about how you were just reading dumb 50 shades novels but since she really wasn't getting the hints or the humor behind it you decided it was best to just lie and say your undercover. She took the lie with a smile and trotted off only to be met with yet again... Hawks.

"I have to talk to you about something."

"Okay..." You gave Hawks a slanted smile as he led you away deeper into the hideout. Now in a room you listened to the chains rattle that bound your legs and feet. You looked over at him, he seemed amused by your state. Fucking prick. "What did you need to tell me? Why are we even here?"

"To explain our situation of course, little birdy told me your uncle and little friend were going to my house tonight... decided it be best to stick around here, I even left the door open so they can try to find any evidence."

"A little birdy?"

"Don't worry about it, just something I thought I let you know, it's funny actually I could have stuck around and this whole nightmare..." He softly held your hands in his own. His smile only growing wider with contentment. "Could have been over for us... for you especially... I have been fucking up- I understand that..." He let go of you and sat on the opposite side of the bed. The springs in the mattress seemed worn out and uncomfortable.

"I just don't want us to be..."

"Nonexistent?" You said in a low voice. You felt the bed dip.

"Not exactly, I guess just, not the same as it was before the mess."

"Before you beat me and killed Aizawa? Is that the mess your referring too?" Silence. After that question it was silence. In the back of your mind you just told yourself to prepare for anything that came after your sentence, but what happened was the complete opposite of what you were expecting.

Hawks came around the bed and smiled, he nervously hugged you and held you tightly in his arms. You watched him take off his jacket and set it around your shoulders. You gave him a smile and watched him get up and lean against the closed door.

"I know what I've gone Cant be easily forgiven and forgotten, I'm not asking for an apology. I'm asking if you'll just give me a chance to try and make things right."  You gave him a reassuring smile and hugged the jacket around you, he chuckled and looked up at the ceiling then back at you. "You should get some rest, I'll be up the entire night, gotta talk with Twice downstairs and by tomorrow I'll make everything right... I promise."

"Don't break this one."

"I promise I won't."

As much as you wanted to believe him. You knew just like every last one he made to you. This promise... will be broken as well.

🌸

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘ ❀ ༓ ❀ ∘∙⊱⋅•