On the other side, the same happened with Diane, King Wayne and Zen. Nobody was left alive except for the three of them.

They encountered slithering flesh eating insects, trents (tree monsters), poisonous vines and ghouls near the cathedral.

The monsters slaughtered their comrades and they slaughtered the monsters even though they didn't fought back. It was very fast that the blood bath happened in less than half an hour.

King Wayne sat on top of the mountain of corpses he slaughtered. He's been there for more than an hour now but Diane and Zen can feel what he felt.

This is hopeless. They all deduced to conclusion that the reason they are still alive is that someone powerful still wanted them alive.

But there is a constant heavy feeling in them pushing them hard to just give up.

King Wayne then realized what is happening and his loud mocking laughter echoed in the dead silent area near the cathedral. Diane and Zen looked at him curiously.

He stood and flipped his worn out cape and walked like a king down on the mountain of corpses. He made sure he looked dashing and prideful.

He pulled both of them under his heavy arms and tapped their shoulders.

"There seemed no choice but to give up. But I'm not going to give up without a fight." He said and tapped heavily on their shoulders again before walking elegantly towards the cathedral.

Diane hissed. The helplessness she felt earlier had vanished. But her shoulder hurts from his tap that felt like assault to her.

"He does realize that I'm a fragile girl and his hands alone weighed like my whole waist to toes. I think I'm going to bruise." And then massage her own arms that went a bit numb like her shoulder.

Zen's anxiety was erased as well. He snickered at her before the both followed the true king they will always follow.

When they opened the cathedral, they were not even surprised to see Lena waiting at the altar. The whole place is filled with with flowers and ribbons and petals and birds.

It looks like a beautiful wedding reception except the guests are ghouls dress in fancy clothes, the birds are actually white demon crows with red hungry eyes.

The three crunched their nose when they smelled the thick smell of hallucinating scent in the air.

'It seems that she perfected the already perfect love potion she's been working on for hundreds of years.' Dianne sensed that the situation is not good especially when Zen and King Wayne slowly made their way to get to Lena as if hypnotized.

"Stop! Wake up! This is- shit!..." She was stopped when a group of ghouls suddenly appeared and held her down. The soft red carpet.

"Tsk tsk. You came uninvited and now you wanted to stop my wedding. What kind of friend are you Dianne." Dianne struggled to look around to see Lena.

She is now happy being embraced by Zen. While King Wayne is behind them being chewed bu ghouls. Thankfully he developed thick skin plus the advanced whole body protection technology, he remains unscathed.

Dianne is more worried about Zen. Not far from them appeared a stone tablet and a shadow wearing a cloak.

Dianne predicted that this is the soul imprisonment ritual. Zen's soul will be controlled by Lena that even when they were reborn over and over again he could never escape her. In return, Lena will have to sacrifice thousands of lives and half of hers that will be taken during the ritual.

Dianne knew that the lives that died in the war was enough down payment for what she wanted to do. Now she only need to do the last part of the ritual to complete it.

To soak the tablet with both Lena and Zen's blood with the cloaked shadow as the witness.

"I'm...really impressed-ouch! Your m-madness... keeps leveling up ow!" Dianne is having a hard time talking while being pressed down and secretly gathering power to attack.

Lena was unaffected by her words and smirked down to and happily glided down the aisle with Zen on tow.

"You will never be happy like this Lena. You know he loves his family to death. When he wakes up from your potion, he would rather kill himself than love you. Nothing in the world could change that. Not your stupid and smart plans. Not your demons. Not even you yourself." And with a loud ear piercingly explosion shook the big and wide cathedral.

Dianne tried knocking and destroying the windows and doors to let the fresh air in to erase the smell of potion.

However, it was like the Maceedian barrier they encountered earlier, the whole cathedral is filled with the barrier and keeps regenerating. Just a bit different and not as sturdy as the Maceedian barrier.

Lena still doesn't listen. She actually looked happy. "Well, after this ritual, he will still be mine, be it dead or alive and dead again. The cycle will keep repeating and he will still be mine. I don't see the wrong there." And they continue to savor the feeling of walking down the aisle.

Dianne still tried hard to find a weak part of the barrier while fighting with ghouls that keeps increasing. But she laughed.

"Knowledge and talent wise, you beat Berry at some points. Understanding wise, personality wise, attitude wise, personality wise, psychological wise, social wise, kitchen skill wise, fashion wise, appearance wise, and many more. In all of those, Berry defeats you in all of those aspects." Lena stopped to glare hard at her. Lena's inside was filled with rage and insecurities. Dianne is succeeding to stir her up a little to delay her deeds.

"Oh I nearly forgot." Dianne got a little carried away and so she told Lena all that she wanted to sat all these years.

"You were never a choice at all."