Neveah Kivadottir

Little did I know how much I would regret that choice.

1st Person POV (Alexandrya)

I watched as he left. I knew that I shouldn't have told him. I couldn't bring myself to go after him. To apologize. To try and set things right. My limbs had stopped working.

I stayed on the floor all night staring at the door. Hoping my best friend would come back through the door. Hoping I could tell him how sorry I was. But he never showed.

Around 4 am I gave up on sleeping. I slowly stood up and got ready for the day. Carter had offered me a job at the coffee shop and I was going to take it. I knew he got there early, around 6 am, to get everything set up to open at 7. 

As soon as I walked into the bathroom I saw the mirror. I turned my back, unable to bear seeing myself. I couldn't believe what I had done.

Quickly I did what I needed to in the bathroom, avoiding the mirror at all costs, and left. I walked over to my closet and pulled out an outfit that was fit for my first day of work. I was grateful that Carter had told me there was no specific uniform, just nicer clothes.

 I was grateful that Carter had told me there was no specific uniform, just nicer clothes

I walked out of my room once I was ready. As I passed Steve and Bucky's room, I heard muffled voices. Well, I heard crying and Steve's muffled voice. 

Good job, you made him cry. I hope you're happy. Gritting my teeth, I walked past the room and pushed the thought away. It was 5:30 am now. I walked into the kitchen to grab food but decided against it. I wasn't hungry anyway.

I left a note on the counter saying that I was at work so they didn't panic, not that they'd care once they figured out what I did to Bucky, and left.

The sky was still very dark out, so I decided to fly. I made a mental note to figure out a better form of transportation.

Once I got to the shop, I carefully landed making sure that no one was around.

"I KNEW IT!" Carter shouted from behind me. I whirled around and looked at him, throwing my illusions on.

"Knew what?" I asked, hoping he hadn't seen my wings.

"You were the Shadow Assassin, right?" There was still a smile on his face. I paled. He had seen.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me...and Michael. I kind of told him my suspicions last night." He said scratching the back of his head before continuing. 

"I think your magic is so so cool. Also, you can fly?! Lucky." I laughed, relieved he wasn't going to tell anyone else.

"What made you guess last night?" I asked.

"I saw the way you fought. You obviously knew what you were doing and it reminded me of something I had seen before." He said carefully choosing his words.

"Something you had seen before?" I asked, hoping he hadn't seen me kill.

"You probably don't remember them, Maria and Louis Pellito."