050. ꕥ A Giddy Mood

Start from the beginning

"Tell me where they went and you two won't be in trouble." Abby shifted her eyes between Raven and me.

Raven looked over at me before turning back at Abby. "Abby I—"

"Someone got them through the fence." Abby started slowly getting up from the seat, putting her arms on the table. "Someone gave them guns."

Raven didn't back down. "I don't know what you're—"

Raven was cut off when Abby's hand collided with the side of her face. It made a loud slap sound causing all the attention to turn on us.

"Abby!" I shouted, standing up from my seat. The older woman made eye contact with me, and I gave her a death glare.

I turned to look at Raven to see her slowly turning her head back at Abby. It looked like there was hurt in her eyes. Abby, seeing that hurt, now seemed regretful of her actions and took a seat. I did the same.

She pressed her forehead against her palms before sighing. Raven looked at me before pushing her cup in the direction of Abby, which caught her attention. She lifted her head and put a hand around the cup. "She thinks that because of what she's been through, she's changed." Tears were starting to form in Abby's eyes. "But she's still just a kid."

"You're wrong, Abby." Raven spoke. "She stopped being a kid the day you sent her down here to die."

❣︎

I had one of the best night sleeps I had in a long time. This was because I laid in an actual bed. I didn't have anywhere else to sleep, so you know what I did? I walked into a random room in the Ark. To my pleasure, there were no residents inside said room, and I decided to take it as my own.

The thought did occur to me that this used to be someone's home, where someone grew up. It caused a certain pang in my chest, knowing that I was sleeping in someone's bed, but the reality is that person was most likely dead. I tried to push those thoughts aside as much as I could.

As I stepped through the doorway of the room, I shut the door behind me and silently prayed that no one would take this room. I know it's not technically mine, but I just want somewhere to sleep.

My happiness didn't dim down from yesterday, maybe a little, but not by much. My mind was still lingering on what happened yesterday.

Bellamy kissed me.

I knew I should have other things on my mind, like my brother and Finn being out there and the fact that Bellamy is out there looking for them, but my thoughts stayed on that one moment from yesterday.

"Hey." A body blocked my path, causing me to look up and be met with the face of Bellamy.

"Bellamy?" I breathed out. "If you're here, that means they're back." I started to move when Bellamy stopped me again.

"Woah, woah, wait." He said.

"Bellamy," I almost laughed out because I was a little nervous about how weird Bellamy was acting. "what are you doing? If you're here, then so are Finn and John."

"Jo—" Bellamy started.

I stopped in my tracks, realizing what might have happened. "What happened?" My voice was filled with worry. "Don't tell me they're dead."

Bellamy met my eyes, and there was an expression I couldn't decipher. "They're both fine, but Finn..."

All I needed to hear was that Finn and John were okay for me to turn on my heels, already trying to find the two boys.