𝗰𝗵𝗽𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ᯽ 𝗵𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘄𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 .

Start from the beginning

"It's been a few days since we made it to the resistance, but is it just Paimon- Or is there a lot more tension in the air than usual." Paimon says, their eyes awkwardly scanning the encampment.

The soldiers were training in a more advanced level. The spearmen became more precise with their movements and many other soldiers continued to work out. Those practicing their archery had hit the middle of the wooden board multiple of times compared to the last time Aether and Paimon had seen them.

As they continued to help out around the camp, Aether and Paimon overheard two soldiers talking with each other.

"I've never seen general Gorou so- Serious- (:0)."

"Bro, we're in a war against the shogun's best soldiers. Of course he's serious. Stupid (:/ )."

"I obviously know that-! (>:O)." One of the two soldiers quickly spoke with a hint of panic, "What I meant was that I've never seen general Gorou with a scowl on his face."

Aether looked over with curiousity while Paimon only looked confused. Sure they only knew the pointy-eared general for a few days, but Gorou was a very kind-hearted person and often gave pointers to his comrades. The most serious he's ever been was when he fought or was strategising against Baal's army. Yet even then he didn't have a scowl on his face.

"Aether, Paimon!"

The two looked to see who was calling them. Waving to that said person who was walking up towards them.

"Teppei! It's great to see you." Aether said, Paimon nodding as Teppei greated the two back. Paimon fidgets nervously, before asking speaking. Their voice not as loud as usual to not bring attention.

"So uh- can you please tell Paimon what's going on? Why's everyone training harder than usual? Are they always like this when they face Baal's army face to face or-" Paimon gasps, their eyes narrow in suspicion- "Is it because of the rumoured sudden change of mood from- you know who?!"

Teppei laughs lightly yet nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. He eyes scowered their surroundings before answering Paimon's question.

"I guess you can say that." The brown-haired soldier said.

"Believe me when I say, general Gorou is an excellent soldier and values companionship greatly. As you know, he's done a lot to help the soldiers improve- Even when some of said soldiers like to tease him and dub him as 'the ever victorious pointy-eared general'." Paimon snickers at the nickname, before getting elbowed lightly by Aether. "I'm in no position to guess what might've occurred back then for general Gorou to act so- angry. However-"

Teppei shifts uncomfortably yet continues, "-According to some of the elders in Watatsumi Island, Gorou had a childhood friend who went missing many years back. Some soldiers overheard of this, and then later made up of some rumour that the tenyrou commission was the reason for his friend's disappearance. Hence his commitment to disband the vision hunt decree."

Teppei shook his head, "Yet it still confuses me, since he's never acted up like this beforehand even in previous confrontations with Kujou Sara." He sighed, before straightening his back and looking at the traveller eye to eye.

"Perhaps it's better for you to ask him himself, even better if you try checking up on him while you're at it." The brown-haired soldier suggested.

"Thanks Teppei. We'll go find him before we head off to the meeting with Kokomi." Aether agreed, urging Paimon to walk alongside him.

(Or do I say float since Paimon technically doesn't walk? ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°))

"Yeah.. Surely it can't be that bad." Paimon said, as the travelling duo set off to find the hybrid general.