38

"Do you have your gun?" Kie whispered to JJ who's face relaxed into a glare, squinting his eyes at her as his grip on the fire poker tightened. "Oh, now she wants the gun." JJ exclaimed, waving his spare hand in the air. "Oh, now you don't have the gun? Isn't that your secret weapon?" Kie mocked as y/n hushed them, JJ shaking his head.

"Goddamn, now she wants the gun." JJ muttered to y/n as he moved to stand in front of her to protect her. "Hey, who's out there? You Kooks better not try anything." Y/n called out from behind him as they all stared into the darkness of the night.

Y/n squinted as she saw a man appear from the shadows, the same man who had beaten up Pope's father and harassed them for the key (Which Pope still had.) "You gotta be kidding me." JJ muttered, clenching his jaw.

"Lovely evening we're having." Renfield called out, his hands up in the air as he slowly approached the group. "Look, I don't hold a grudgewith any of y'all, all right? But this can go hard, or this can go easy." He continued, patting his sides to show that he was unarmed. "Let me give you a little demonstration.You see that swing? I got the best bow huntersin the Army Rangers with me hidden." Renfield added.

JJ let out a scoff, grabbing onto the rope of the swing. "Yeah? Mhm." JJ tested, squinting at the man, his adams apple bobbing in his throat before Renfield let out a whistle, everyone's heads following the Rope that snapped and was held to the tree by an arrow. 

"Now, they're out there and they'll stick youjust as soon as I say so." Renfield threatened, brushing past JJ, who held up the fire poker, ready to hit the man when an arrow whizzed past and landed in front of his boot, JJ's face paling. "JJ!" Y/n warned, tugging on the back of his jacket to try and pull him back. "Now, I'm not gonna give you a countdownor any bullshit like that, I'm just gonna whistle." Renfield smiled at Pope who had a hard glare on his face, reaching into his pocket.

"This key belongs to my family." Pope hissed, Renfield letting out a sigh. "I'm losingmy patience with you, Pope." He laughed, bringing his fingers up to his mouth before Pope held out the key, handing it to the man. "Did the right thing, kid. Knowing when you don't have a choiceis an underappreciated talent. You be safe." Renfield smirked, walking away into the darkness as JJ's head looked around, trying to find any trace of the hunters before bringing his attention to Pope.

"I'm sick of this shit!" Pope exclaimed, turning on his heal and stomping back into the chateau, Kie following him, John B letting out a huff and walking away, kicking a can of beer on his way.

"Come on, let's go to bed." Y/n sighed, grabbing onto JJ's sleeve before intertwining their fingers and walking inside. When they had finished getting ready, they laid in bed, y/n's arms wrapped around him as her cheek molded around the skin on his chest, smooshing the side of her face.

"I cannot believe Pope just handed over the key like that." JJ huffed, playing with the ends of her hair. "He didn't really have a choice." Y/n shrugged, her finger tracing a small pattern on his chest as she felt him let out a sigh, muttering an "I know." Y/n snuggled closer to JJ as he pressed a kissed to the top of her head.

When they awoke in the morning, JJ's hair was tickling at y/n's face as they looked at each other. "We gotta find a way to get that key back." JJ whispered to y/n who let out a groan with a roll of her eyes. 

She pushed him so that he was on his back, hooking a leg over him so that she straddled him. "Dude, can you stop talking about it?" Y/n scoffed as his hands went up her thighs, nails scratching at her skin lightly.

"But-" JJ tried but was cut off with her hand going over his mouth, his eyes widening at her. "I said to stop." Y/n repeated, pulling back her hand with a screech when she felt his wet tongue lick at her palm.