7

"I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara, she clearly likes you." JJ spoke to John B, tapping his knee as they made their way to Lana Grubbs' house to ask about the compass that John b found when he dove into the boat wreck. "She's like 'Oh John B' Is that what she does?" JJ moaned jokingly. "She's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you."

"She kissed me on the cheek." John B shook his head at his friend.

"I see it in your eyes. You're like, "I kinda like that," and you start blushing and shit." JJ mocked John B proudly.

"I blush?" John B questioned as JJ nodded. "Really? JJ, Have you seen the way you act around y/n?" 

"I don't act any different than I would be with you." JJ denied, John B scoffing.

"You're the one blushing. She wears your sweaters and shit, you treat her different than you do Kie." John B chuckled, JJ scratching his chin.

"She's my best friend." JJ laughed, looking out the window, John B making a point.

"So... you wouldn't mind if I kissed her?" John B smirked, JJ's head snapping to look at him.

JJ didn't even want to picture that in his mind. He would prefer y/n to be single for the rest of his life than have to watch her fall in love with John B.

".. Nah man, kiss her if you want." JJ cleared his throat, jaw ticking to try to keep his cover, John B humming in response, knowing that bugged his friend.

Back at the chateau, y/n was sitting on the porch with Pope and Kiara, joking around when John B and JJ came running in, JJ in the face from stress as he began telling us what happened.

"And all we hear is just, "Bam! Bam! Bam!" Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside." JJ shouted. "Wait, first off, look at this shit." JJ sat down next to Pope shaking his hair out.

"That's dandruff, disgusting." Kie cringed, y/n chuckling slightly.

"That's paint!" JJ exclaimed, pointing at the floor. 

"Okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Pope asked, rubbing at his temples. "What did they look like?"

Uh yes, the guys that shot at them yesterday after John B dove into the boat wreck. Y/n didn't remember much of it, too focused on remembering the JJ laid on top of her, protecting her from the gun shots.

"I can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers..." JJ breathed in smoke from his vape, leaning up against the wall. "They're square groupers."

"Okay, what does a square grouper even look like?" Pope questioned him, trying to get a picture of what we are looking for.

"I wasn't taking little mental Polaroid's the entire time. I was under duress, okay?" JJ shouted back at Pope, breathing heavy. "I can tell you by the way that Ms. Lana was screaming, that these guys are serious."

JJ sat down next to y/n, who put her hand on his shoulder to try and calm his breathing, which worked for him. They ended up in Big Johns office, looking for evidence when the rooster started crowing.

"How can you concentrate with that thing crowing at you?" Pope huffed, looking at papers.

"JJ loves the rooster." Y/n spoke as JJ looked over at her with a small smile, y/n looking away, her cheeks slightly flushed when she saw a black truck pull up. "Guys, somebody's here."

Everyone ran to the window to see who it was, John B's face dropping along with JJ's. JJ ran out the room to get the gun when he stopped and ran back to the room, shutting the door.

"They're on the front porch, I cant get the gun." JJ whispered, y/n's hand flying to her head in stress as the guys called out for John B. JJ and Pope ran to the window as John b and y/n leant up against the door, holding it shut. "Y/n! Get away from there!" JJ whispered as Kie helped to pry the window open, the guys trying to kick the door down.

As soon as the window opened everyone jumped out of it as soon as they heard a gunshot, running into the chicken coop, the rooster crowing louder as the guys walked out of the house.

"Shut it up Pope." JJ spoke through clenched teeth, Kie and Y/n holding onto each other.

"Pet it or something!" Kie cried out, y/n holding back tears of fear as she made eye contact with JJ.

JJ grabbing the rooster as it flew over to him, clenching his jaw as he held the rooster down by its neck, snapping it quickly to shut it up and looking over to y/n, her tears falling and her mouth open as she slowly closed her eyes.

"They're gone." John B whispered, y/n finally letting out a sob as JJ grabbed her, holding her close to him as she cried into his neck, JJ whispered "I'm sorry." multiple times in her ear.

Y/n didn't know when or how they ended up in John B's van, her head resting on JJ's lap as he played with her hair this time around, John b theorizing about his father as they arrived at Redfield lighthouse. 

"You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" John B spoke, pointing at JJ who furrowed his brows.

"Why me?" JJ questioned, pointing to himself.

"There are independent and dependent variables. You're independent. We don't know what you'll do." Pope shrugged, JJ yelling a "shut up."

"I'll stay with him." Y/n sighed, putting her hand up jokingly, everyone looking towards her. "So he isn't alone."

"Well then, that settles it." Pope shrugged as they all walked away from JJ and Y/n. "If we split up, meet at the chateau!" John B called out and Y/n cleared her throat and sat under the tree as JJ kicked a hacky sack around. 

"Do you think the gold is actually out there?" Y/n asked JJ and he stopped kicking the hacky sack, looking over at her as he bit the inside of his cheek.

"I would like to think so, but I doubt it." JJ shrugged, sitting down next to her and noticing her stare off into nothingness. "What's on your mind, ladybug?" 

"Ladybug?" Y/n turned her head to look at him and he shrugged. "I would love to leave this island, and I have this hope that this gold is out there so I can leave. I'd wanna go to Greece."

JJ let her rant, letting her rest her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her. Y/n felt at peace, just her and JJ. 

"Greece?" JJ questioned. "what would you do in Greece?" He asked as she brushed his arm off her shoulder so should could play with his rings.

"I don't know." Y/n mumbled. "First country I thought of going." She giggled, JJ letting out a chuckle. "I wanna go, and if I'm lucky, find a hot greek boy and live on the side of a mountain that overlooks the beach, but not too high of a mountain that I would die getting down for a swim. I want a cavoodle and 3 kids, with really kook names."

JJ laughed along with y/n, although feeling a pang when she said that she would find a hot greek boy. He felt her stop playing with his rings and just hold his hand.

"I'm greek." JJ shrugged jokingly, a grin on his lips as she let out a cackle.

"You wish you were." Y/n smiled, lifting her head from JJ's shoulder to look at him to see he was already looking at her.

JJ lifted his other hand to caress her cheek, his head moving closer to hers. Suddenly, y/n jolted up, JJ thinking he fucked up until he heard her say "cops."

Hand in hand, they ran to John B's van, speeding off to meet up back at chateau.