13

"You forget your keys or something?" John B called out as they approached the boat they had left Sarah and Kie on for the night, the sun rising in the distance. "You need a tow?"

"Some patriarchal bullshit." Kie muttered, hopping onto the HMS Pogue. 

"You still love us though, right?" JJ grinned, throwing both Kie and Sarah a beer.

"We're both gonna get you back when you least expect it." Sarah crossed her arms over her chest sternly.

"Watch your back, guys." Kie smirked as Sarah hummed, agreeing with Kie. 

"So, did you guys, you know, reconcile your differences?" Pope grinned at them, as they both looked away from them.

"Not even close. But we're willing to work together." Sarah looked over at Kie who was trying to hide her smile as she nodded, the two girls sitting next to y/n who was sat on the bow of the boat.

Kie was in the middle of her conversation when she let out a loud gasp, eyeing y/n's neck. "What is that?!" She blurted, Sarah looking and letting out a giggle as she saw the purple spot on the base of y/n's neck.

"What is what?" Y/n panicked, looking down to see if she had something on her as the girls giggled.

"You didn't!" Sarah laughed as y/n looked at them, confusion on her face. "Did you and JJ, you know?" She whispered, tilting her head towards JJ who was play fighting with Pope, y/n's cheeks going red. "How was it?"

"Oh, my god." Y/n threw a towel at her sister as she laughed, Kie letting out a cackle. They ended up in John B's van on the way to Mrs. Crain's house to see if the could find the gold in the well, John B making sure we had everything as he parked a few meters down from the house.

"Let's go get rich, guys." JJ grinned, pulling up his bandana to cover the bottom half of his face, grabbing y/n's hand and giving it a soft squeeze.

"Hell yeah!" Y/n exclaimed as the others got out of the van, y/n kissing JJ over his bandana before following their friends.

"Let's get that wheat in the water." Pope breathed as everyone jumped over the stone wall.

"Weed? I'm up for weed." JJ shrugged, helping y/n over before jumping over, Pope scoffing in response.

Suddenly, from the dark, a light turned on that forced the pogues to get down and turn off their flashlights as they all looked at each other.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights." Pope panted, looking at JJ who was next to him.

"We could, uh, move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggested, y/n's eyebrows raising at him as she held back a laugh.

"That's not how it works." Y/n whispered, shaking her head softly.

"Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it." John B shrugged as Kie let out a scoff. "That's a really good idea. Let the axe murderer know that we're here." She rolled her eyes at him. 

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch. We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids. And if we were brave enough, we'd go all the way up to the porch. We've seen it." Sarah spoke, looking over at y/n who nodded.

"Hell no." JJ shook his head at y/n. "You're not going in the same house as her. She'll chop you into bits." JJ wasn't comfortable with y/n going into the Crain's house, he didn't want to potentially risk the only girl he had ever had proper feelings for getting chopped by an axe murderer.

"JJ, We'll be fine." Y/n rolled her eyes at him. "She's like what, 85? She's probably barely still kicking." Y/n spoke, giving his hand a soft squeeze.