18

JJ leaned up against the wall of the wreck, staring out the window as his friends woke up, y/n sitting down at one of the tables and munching on a banana, playing with the peel anxiously, sirens in the distance as Pope walked up to JJ.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ spoke to Pope, running his tongue over his teeth as he continued to stare out the window, Pope shaking his head.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope cleared his throat, also peering out the window.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Kie chimed in with a shrug, y/n finally looking up at her boyfriend, her lips pursed. 

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Y/n added, JJ chewing on his bottom lip. "Find him before they do." Pope walked away from his friends, grabbing the keys to JJ's bike from the table y/n was sitting on.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope muttered, swinging the keys around his finger. "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late."

"Hey, be careful." Kie spoke softly, Pope stopping in his tracks before he scoffed and walked out the door, Kie following. JJ and y/n looked at each other in confusion, following them out. "Pope, I'm being serious-" Kie shouted, over Pope revving the engine over her speaking before he sped off, JJ scratching the back of his head in amusement as he watched their arguement.

Kie let out a huff as they watched Pope drive off, Kie turning to walk back inside when the loud noise of a helicopter flying past them filled the air, all three friends looking up at the same time. "Who the hell is that?" JJ questioned, watching the helicopter disappear in the distance.

"No idea." Y/n uttered before letting out a sigh and grabbing JJ's arm. "Come on, let's pack this food, yeah?" She suggested, JJ and Kie nodding as they went inside and began to pack food and water into boxes, y/n making it neat as Kie and JJ conversed.

JJ handed y/n the canned food before the fresh food for better storage, and when they had packed what seemed like enough food for John B and Sarah to last a few weeks, they took the boxes out and put them into the trunk of Kie's car before they got in, JJ opening the door for y/n and she gave him a soft smile before Kie drove to JJ's house.

"Home sweet home." JJ mumbled, taking off his hat and running his fingers through his hair before he opened the door and hopped out the car, y/n following him. "What are you doing?" JJ asked her as he watched her step out of the car. 

"I'm coming with you." Y/n shrugged, JJ clenching his jaw at her before he shook his head. 

"No you're not." JJ shook his head at her, gripping the straps of his bag that was slung over his shoulder. "JJ-" Y/n tried but he cut her off. "You're not coming." He snapped, y/n stepping back as his voice raised before he turned around and made his way into the house.

Y/n tapped her foot nervously as she waited for him, her anxiety creeping in. She didn't want to leave him alone in there with no one to help him if his father did try to hurt him. Y/n let out a huff and walked to the door, Kie shouting for her from the car but she didn't listen. Y/n crept into the house, sneaking her way to the room where she heard the talking.

When she peered through the doorway, she saw Luke towering over JJ, his hand on JJ's shoulder, y/n's heart sank a little bit. 

"I know I'm hard on you sometimes, but sometimes I see your mother in you, and it gets me a little tweaked, you know?" Luke smiled, JJ letting out a fake laugh. "This your girlfriend?" Luke giggled, pointing at y/n, JJ snapping his head to look in her direction. Y/n knew she was in trouble when she saw JJ's glazed over eyes and jaw tick at her before he looked back at his father, nodding. "She's a stunner."