22

Y/n let out a whimper as her alarm blared through the room, her hand slapping onto her phone to turn off the alarm as JJ groaned, turning around so that his face was in the pillow. Y/n wiped her face before sitting up and glancing over at JJ. 

"J." Y/n yawned as he let out a hum into the pillow as a response. "Come on, we have to get ready for school." She spoke, placing her hand on his bare shoulder. "Five more minutes." JJ mumbled into the pillow, y/n letting out a sigh. "Fine, I'll be back." She whispered, kissing the back of his head before she walked to the bathroom and brushed her teeth before doing her hair. 

She walked back into the room to a softly snoring JJ, leaning over and shaking his shoulder softly as he let out another groan. "It's been five minutes." Y/n smiled at him as he turned his head towards her, eyelids heavy and the side of his face squished from the pillow as he blinked up at her. "Come on, lazy ass." She giggled, running her fingers through his hair.

"I don't wanna go." JJ muttered as she sat down on the edge of the bed with a huff, her thumb running over his earlobe. "I know, J, I know. But we have to." Y/n gave him a soft smile as she leaned down and kissed the corner of his lips. "We'll be fine."

A beeping came from the driveway, y/n furrowing her brows and standing up to look at the window, chuckling when she saw Kie's car. They hadn't seen Kie and Pope in a few days as the two couples went and did their own things to cope with the loss of John B and Sarah. "J, come on get ready, our ride is here." Y/n's tone changing to a more serious one, JJ letting out a string of mumbles before he got up and angrily made his way to the bathroom.

Y/n quickly dressed into a pair of jeans and a crop top, JJ also dressing into a shirt and his board shorts as y/n picked up her bag before they walked outside, JJ locking the door before running his fingers through his hair and putting his red cap on his head and getting into the back of Kie's car with y/n, both speaking a "hey."

The car ride to school was silent, JJ staring out the window and giving a lazy blink every once in a while. He hated school with everything in him and he always wondered if it was ever worth it, sometimes he thought he did, maybe getting a proper education to prove his father wrong? But even that thought made JJ roll his eyes. 

When Kie parked the car, y/n handed JJ his binder from her bag before she zipped her bag and let out a scoff as she watched JJ drink from his flask as they got out of the car. "Hey, chill out." Kie spoke to JJ calmly as they walked together.

"If I black out, just don't remind me." JJ muttered, y/n shaking her head at him before they all looked around, listening to the whispers that filled the air as they walked towards a memorial that someone had made for John B at the front of the school.

"I feel like people are staring at us." Y/n breathed, her grip on the straps of her bag tightening as JJ looked around, his jaw clenched. "Oh, yeah." JJ confirmed with a slight nod before he looked over at y/n.

"Guys, I can't be late." Pope uttered, brushing past Kie. "Hey, Hey. We gotta stick together." Kie called out to Pope, who stopped in his tracks. Y/n gripped onto JJ's hand, intertwining their fingers and her other hand reach over to his bicep as Kie held out her hand for Pope, who took it.

"Stick together. Yeah." JJ spoke between clenched teeth, giving y/n's hand a slight squeeze before walking away from Pope and Kie, Kie quickly grabbing onto JJ's other bicep so that they wouldn't go too far.

When they were in class, y/n was sat behind Pope, next to Kie while JJ sat in the corner of the class, a couple of chairs away from his friends, everyone writing notes on the teachers lecture of the roman empire, everyone except JJ who was running his fingers through his hair with his eyes shut, trying to fall back asleep.

Y/n's heart dropped when she heard her friends phone ding with a notification, hers included as the teachers head snapped to see what student was on their phone. "Who's phone was that?" The teacher spoke, everyone looking up at him, acting clueless. "Nobody? You will be tested. Now, to recap, Who was Diocletian?" He continued with his lecture, y/n pulling out her phone and hiding it under her desk to see a text from an unknown number.

"Did you get it?" Kie whispered to y/n, who nodded before Kie asking Pope if he had also received the text, Pope also nodding. Y/n looked over to JJ who was sliding out of his chair and kneeling between y/n and Kie as Pope leaned over as they all held their phones up, showing the photo of John B and Sarah grinning, all looking at each other with a look of confusion.

JJ stood up, grabbing y/n's hand as he began to run, y/n trying to keep up with him as Kie and Pope followed. Y/n let go off JJ's hand so she wouldn't fall over from his speed, JJ being faster than her. JJ had attempted to jump over a mop bucket, but failed, his foot getting caught on the edge of the bucket, stumbling to the ground with a groan before he quickly got back up.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" The teacher yelled, stepping out of the doorway and watching the four friends run down the hall.

"I mean, is that even possible? Shoupe said that they didn't make it." Kie panted as they exited the building and walked through the courtyard before sitting down. "Okay, but I think we're overreacting because we can't rule out the possibility that this could be some weird, cruel hoax." Pope added as y/n picked at her nails, pulling out her phone again.

"What if it's actually him though?" JJ rasped out, leaning up against the wall as y/n typed on her phone.

Y/N: WTF is this you???

Y/n sent out, everyone eyeing their phones as the unknown number began typing.

Unknown: Is JJ there?

JJ: I'm here Bree

Unknown: Did you pimp my short board? 

JJ let out a chuckle, a smile flashing across his face as everyone let out a small laugh. "It's him." He grinned, looking at his friends. "It's definitely him." JJ stood up, pulling Pope into a hug as they cried happily, Kie and Y/n doing the same before JJ gave Kie a brief hug before going to y/n, lifting her up and spinning her around, y/n letting out a small squeal as JJ kissed her cheek and put her down. "Yeah!" JJ shouted and leaned back up against the wall.

Unknown: Laying super low in Nassau

"How the hell did they get to the Bahamas?" Kie chuckled, looking back up at her friends. "You can't kill a pogue, dude." JJ shrugged at Pope with a smile. "Especially not John B." Pope laughed.

Unknown: Can you clear my name? Wanna come home

"Hell yeah, we'll clear your name, boy." JJ sniffled out, blinking at his phone.

Unknown: Be in touch. P4L.

"P4L Man! That's what I'm talking about! P4L BABY!" JJ yelled, his arm going back around y/n to pull her in for another hug, Kie and Pope wrapping their arms around the couple.