27

Y/n jolted awake when the truck started, lifting her head slightly as she looked at her surroundings, wiping her eyes when she realized they were trying to find Pope, looking around to see if she could see him. They had ended up at the Limbrey residence and Pope went in himself, y/n accidentally falling asleep while waiting for him to come out due to her lack of sleep from last night.

JJ and y/n haven't spoken a word to each other since their argument, barely even looking at each other. JJ knew she was pissed off at him and he didn't know what to tell her. As JJ drove, on the look out for Pope, Kie sensed their tension as y/n moved seats to get a closer a view.

"Just go back around and go through the gate." Y/n mumbled, JJ looking up at her through the mirror for a few seconds before driving through the gate and getting out the car when the saw a stone wall, seeing Pope's head disappear over it.

They scrambled out of the truck, jumping over the fence and seeing Pope and Mrs. Limbrey's assistant on the floor, a taser a few feet from them as JJ kicked it towards Kie who picked it up, JJ helping Pope up before they jumped the fence again and ran back to the truck, JJ speeding off as they panted.

"Who are those people?" Kie exclaimed, looking over at Pope, who shook his head in disbelief. "I think he's following us." Y/n called out, noticing the car speeding to catch up to them, JJ taking a sharp turn onto a one way road, cars beeping at them as other people had to swerve to avoid the fast moving truck, nearly hitting two pedestrians.

JJ took another sharp turn into an alley, the car beginning to smoke again. "You said he fixed the carburetor! You said he fixed it!" JJ yelled at Pope before turning off the car. "Number one rule, never trust mechanics." JJ called out as they fled the car, grabbing his bag from the back as they began running.

"Guys, I think he has a gun." Kie warned, as they began to run faster. "This way! We might have to split up. I don't know where to go, okay?We gotta lose them!" JJ panted, bumping into a post man, letters and boxes flying across the footpath as he apologized, everyone following him as he turned the corner, stopping suddenly when a tour bike stopped in front of them.

Everyone gasped when they saw John B and Sarah. Everything felt like it was in slow motion as they stared at each other, smiles on their faces. "Get in! Get in! Get in! Come on!" John B beamed as Y/n and Kie sat on either side of Sarah as Pope and JJ pushed the back of the bike to make it go faster, Sarah giving the two girls a longing hug before JJ and Pope jumped up, standing on the sides of the bike as they cheered, the man that chased them on the floor as he tripped over his own feet.

John B pedaled the bike until they ended up on a dock, getting on the boat that Sarah and John B sailed back with, laughing and joking around as they caught up on everything that they had missed until the sun set and finally came back up.

"Anybody else starving?We need to grab some sort of breakfast." JJ mumbled out, as they tied off the boat on a pier that was in the middle of the marsh, a place no one went. "We'll find some food." Sarah smiled, grabbing y/n and Kie's hand as they hopped off the boat.

"What's the deal with this Limbrey chick?You think she knew my pops?" John B spoke, sitting on the side of the boat, looking over at Pope. "I don't know. But I do think that she hasthe information that could exonerate you." Pope responded with a shrug.

"Not to throw a monkey wrench in the entirething, but she did just try to kidnap you, man." JJ squinted his eyes at Pope. "How many times do I gotta say this? Why are we going back? Why don't wego south? Why don't we go to Yucatán?"

"No, no, dude! I'm not running anymore. If I go back, I get another shot at Ward." John B argued back, linking his fingers together. "Anyway, what's up with this Kiara stuff there, big guy?" John B grinned at Pope, his cheeks flushing slightly.

"I don't know right now, man. I mean, I definitely like her, and I'm pretty sure she likes me." Pope responded, chewing on his lip as JJ let out a scoff.

"All right, man, look, women, all right. They're just not consistent." JJ chuckled, John B's eyes widening as he saw y/n standing at the edge of the pier, a watermelon in hand and listening to what JJ was saying with her eyes squinted as Kie and Sarah pressed their lips into a line. John B quickly placed his index finger on his own lips, motioning for JJ to shut up, but he didn't get the hint. "One minute, they're all over you and the next they hate you." 

"Hi." Y/n spoke up, JJ freezing as he slowly turned his head to look at her. "What are you guys talking about?" Y/n asked with narrowed eyes. "Dropping lures..." JJ answered, his voice shaky. "Need help?" JJ swallowed, motioning to the watermelon in her hand as she hummed at his hands that were now being held out for her, lifting up the heavy fruit, she dropped it in his hands, JJ letting out a groan as he struggled to catch it. 

"Be grateful I didn't drop it on your dick, asshole." Y/n muttered out, her jaw ticking as she took a seat between Pope and Sarah, glaring at JJ who looked down and then back up at her. Everyone let out a "ooh." at her response.

After they ate the watermelon, John B got back behind the steering wheel of the boat, heading to the chateau, which didn't take them long. "Welcome home, guys." Y/n smiled at John B and Sarah, letting out a sigh of relief as JJ tied off the boat.

"You know, I gotta be honest, I'm not exactly looking forwardto a check in at home." Kie sighed, leaning up against the wooden beam. 

"No one knows we are here right? And you two aren't gonna getinto any more trouble for showing up 12 hours later. So we have 12 hours to do whatever we want right?" JJ spoke, a small smile showing up on his lips.  "The cops could be looking for us, it could be really stupid." Sarah sighed, sitting up on a beam. 

"Sarah Cameron,you've heard of my philosophy, right? Stupid things havegood outcomes all the time." JJ smirked, clapping his hands. "Let's get some beers!" He exclaimed as everyone cheered, JJ stepping over to y/n and reaching to grab her hand, y/n looking up at him with a glare. "Can we just pretend you don't hate my guts for tonight, please?" JJ pleaded with her, as she rolled her eyes. "Fine, but I'm kicking your ass tomorrow." Y/n hissed out before giving him a fake smile, dropping his hand and skipping off to join the others back on the boat, JJ letting out a sigh.

When they returned back from the liquor store, the all sat in the hot tub, passing around a joint, getting drunk, play fighting and partying their asses off. When they got out of the tub, they sat around the fire, watching as Pope and JJ kicked each other to the ground, Pope standing back up and walking away breathless, Kie following him as JJ took a seat next to y/n.

"Way to be discreet!" JJ called out to the couple that flipped him off. "I'm going to the bathroom." Y/n whispered over to Sarah, who nodded, y/n standing up and walking inside with a wobble and somehow managing not fall over the stairs on the porch.

Y/n stayed in the bathroom for a few minutes after she did her business, wetting the corner of a towel with cold water and rubbing it on her self to cool her down. She let out a huff, rubbing at her tired shoulders before she opened the door and walked out, letting out a gasp when she felt a cold metal blade at her throat and someone grab her shoulder.

"Where are your friends, huh?" She heard Barry's familiar voice whisper in her ear. "I-I don't know, I leave here alone." Y/n's voice trembled, eyeing the window that showed that her friends had left. As Barry dragged her out of the house, the sharp blade cutting into the first few layers of her neck with a sting, making a small trail of blood drip down her neck as tears leaked out of her eyes. "Where is John B?" Barry yelled into her ear, causing her to flinch.

"He's dead!" Y/n exclaimed as Barry pushed her too the ground, y/n scrambling back slightly as she watched Rafe stare at the memorial they made for John B, Y/n finding her footing, wiping at her neck to try and stop the blood. "So your sister's a Pogue for life,huh, Rafe? Now who would've thought? The both of them." Barry chuckled, Rafe's head ticking as he yelled out a "shit." Y/n flinching.

Rafe lifted the gun in his hand to the memorial, before firing the gun and spinning towards y/n as he fired it again.