3

Y/n was sat on her side at the front of the boat, sunglasses pushed onto the top of her head so that they would pull the hair away from her face. 

"Dude, look at this place." John B muttered, eyeing the water full of garbage and tree branches, y/n squinting her eyes to look around.

"Agatha, what did you do?" JJ, who was standing next to John B, whistled. JJ walked around the boat so that he was in front of John B. "We're gonna be cleaning this all summer."

"That is my nightmare." John B sighed, nearing close the the pier Pope was standing on. "We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." He spoke like he was talking into a walkie-talkie.

"I can't, my pops got me on lockdown." Pope groaned, a trash bag in his hand.

"Your dads a pussy, over." JJ spoke into his shoulder as Pope's dad walked over to Pope.

"JJ." Y/n muttered, swatting at his calf, JJ, jumping slightly.

"Oh, I heard that, you little bastard." Heyward scolded. "Hey honey!" Heyward smiled at y/n, one of the only friends of Pope's that he liked, second from Kie. 

"Hello!" Y/n smiled, waving at him softly. JJ scoffed, running his fingers through his hair.

"We need your son." John B called out from the steering wheel of the boat. 

"Yeah, and island rules, day after a hurricane is a free day!" JJ shrugged, a smirk on his lips. 

"Who the hell made that up?" Heyward furrowed his eyebrows at JJ.

"Uh, pentagon, I think?" JJ guessed, y/n letting out a chuckle. "We have security clearance, I have a card."

Heyward stared a JJ, confusion on his face as he blinked a few times, JJ grinning like a kid who just got a bike for Christmas. "The pentagon? Y'all think I'm stupid?" Heyward spoke, a hand on his hip as Pope tried to negotiate with his dad.

"Make a run for it bro." JJ whispered, Pope hesitating before he ran and jumped into the boat, y/n letting out a yelp as the boat shook. 

"Go, go, go." Pope ordered, John B speeding up. "I promise I'll do it tomorrow!" Pope called out, the sound of his father yelling in the distance.

"Think that was the first time I have ever seen Pope run from his dad." Y/n cackled, the boys laughing as JJ walked closer to her, purposefully knocking her glasses from her head.

JJ stood next to y/n at the bow of the boat, lassoing a rope, y/n covering her face with her hand so he wouldn't accidentally whack her in the face. 

JJ sat down next to her as Pope sat on the edge of the bow, dangling his legs off the edge as they approached Kie's pier, who was already walking down to the boat, a cooler in her hands.

"Top of the morning to ya." John B called out, slowing the boat down. "You got some juice boxes?"

"You know, some yoghurt, carrot sticks. JJ's kind of juice boxes." Kie grinned as Pope helped her into the boat, JJ punching the air as he grabbed the cooler and handing everyone a beer.

Suddenly, JJ ordered Pope to go a little faster, JJ standing at the edge of the boat, pouring the beer into his mouth, the wind making the beer fly onto everyone.

"JJ! You're getting it all over me!" Y/n huffed, sliding down to the middle of the boat, closer to where Kie was. 

A sharp jolt stopped the boat, JJ flying off the edge and into the water as everyone jolted forward, y/n's forehead hitting the edge of the boat. Everyone groaned as they sat back up, y/n's hand flying to her now stinging forehead.

"Everyone alright?" Pope called out as JJ groaned from the water. 

"I think my heels touched the back of my head." He breathed out as he floated in pain. "Hey, I saved the beer though." He spoke, swimming back to the boat.

"Hey guys." Pope gulped, everyone looking at him. "There's a boat down there." Everyone scrambled to the edge of the boat to see what Pope was looking at.

Under the water was a boat that you could barely make out the shape of from the depth of the water. Y/n looked over to everyone who was taking off their clothes to jump in, y/n shimmying out of her shorts and jumping in with them.

They all dived down to have a quick look at the white boat before resurfacing, gasping for air.

"That's a grady white!" JJ shouted, as they climbed back onto the boat. "A new one of them is 500 G's easy!"

"That's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge." John B panted as JJ examined y/n's now bruised forehead. John B moved to the bow of the boat and pulling out the anchor to weigh him down.

"I'm not resuscitating you, you know that right." JJ breathed, walking up to John B.

"Whatever." John B spoke, moving his hand up to salute us. "Diver down?"

"Diver down." JJ and Pope both spoke, pushing him into the water. Y/n and Kie both crawled to the edge of the boat, watching and waiting for him to come up. And he did. After what felt like an hour. He resurfaced, gasping and coughing for air, holding up a key.

John B got back into the boat and Pope drove the boat to the coast guard to report the boat in hopes we got a finders fee.

JJ wouldn't stop staring at the lump on y/n's forehead, moving closer to her. He felt responsible for her getting hurt, even though he kind of was. He wrapped his arm over her shoulder, y/n side eyeing him as he lightly pressed his lips to the bruise, muttering an "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Y/n chuckled as he pulled away from her. 

"The bruise." JJ shrugged as Pope stopped the boat in front of the coast guards office, y/n furrowing her brows at him.