12

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" Kie spoke, walking over to her friends with cups of water. Last night, John B met up with Sarah at the Hawks Nest and had a run in with Topper. He had pushed John B off the railing, fracturing his wrist.

"Tannyhill." John B responded, pressing his lips together in a flat line.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Kie scoffed with an eye roll.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't-"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope questioned, cutting John B off.

"I don't know, Pope." John B spoke, wincing as he sat down.

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her." Kie sighed, crossing her arms as John B shrugged.

"Bro, just own it. She got you." JJ smirked, winking at y/n as he took a sip of his water. "The Cameron's have their ways."

"A little focus would be fantastic." John B snapped his fingers. "We've got the map, right?"

"It's out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ chuckled as he stood behind y/n, his hand resting on her shoulder.

"It's because the coast has changed." Y/n looked up at him, the back of her head touching his stomach as he shrugged.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope suggested.

The pogues ended up at battery jasper, JJ standing on a tall boulder to see the landmarks. Pope had pointed to an area where parcel nine was located. "That's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision." JJ bit his lip, looking at his friends.

"Tannyhill Plantation was the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time." John B thought. 

The pogues got into John B's van in search of an old stone wall that was on the map that Pope had pointed out. They were driving along an old dirt road when they found it.

"Not the Crain house." John B swallowed, y/n grabbing onto JJ's hand in fear. They all had heard the story about Mrs. Crain killing her husband and burying his head on the property from JJ. "We need to look for the wheat near the water like it said in Denmark's letter."

"Okay, like, what kind of water? Like, pond water?" Pope guessed, raising a brow at John B. 

"Bong water?" JJ chuckled, y/n letting out a giggle as everyone turned their heads to look at him.

"I'll search the northeast quadrant, you search the northwest with y/n." Pope told JJ and y/n who nodded in response.

Y/n and JJ walked off together hand in hand, JJ helping her jump over logs that had fallen. Y/n stopped to observe the area as he let go of her hand, going behind her and pressing kisses to her neck. "JJ." Y/n laughed as his hair ticked her face, turning her head to kiss him quickly. "Focus." Y/n smiled against his lips as he pressed his lips to hers again, his hands going around her.

"Hey!" They heard John B call out, pulling away quickly so they wouldn't get caught off task. "It's the only place we haven't looked." Y/n and JJ ran towards their friends and crawled under the house.

"Down came Mrs. Crain And cut off all our heads, Up came the sun And dried up all the blood." JJ softly sang, Pope stopping in front of him with a stare. "Can you stop?" Pope warned him.

"Yo, there is no water here." Y/n spoke, looking around with her flashlight. "Not a dropamino." JJ added.

"You know why we didn't find it?" Kie complained. "Bad karma. You know, we had a good thing going. And then you decide to rope in Barbie, and now the trail's gone dry. Coincidence? Probably not."