17

JJ and John B had pushed the front seats forward in Kie's car so that they could lay down, their feet in the trunk of the car. Y/n decided to next to JJ, a leg over his lower stomach and her head resting on his chest. He had his hat pulled over his face to cover his eyes, a joint in his mouth, and a lighter in his hand, which he was playing with and the other hand wrapped around her.

"JJ, I swear to god if you light my hair on fire, I'll literally chop your balls off." Y/n spoke up from the silence, eyeing the flame that came out of the lighter. 

"I wont, don't you worry." He mumbled around the joint in his mouth before lighting it and putting the lighter in his pocket. "Let's game this out. Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us?" JJ sighed, breathing out a puff of smoke. "So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused is John B, who is pretty much a homeless 16-year-old boy at the moment."

"Thanks." John B chuckled sarcastically, y/n letting out a soft yawn, not listening to JJ, but instead hiding her face into his chest in hopes of some sleep.

"Okay, man. Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option. What other option do you have?" JJ shrugged softly, not really wanting to disturb his girlfriend.

"Enough with the Mexico bullshit. Sarah will bail me out." John B huffed, looking over at JJ. "She did witness the whole thing." Kie added, John B nodding in agreement. Pope let out a scoff, questioning if she would snitch on her brother.

"Not happening, bro. Okay? We've gotta get you off the island." JJ concluded, breathing out smoke before putting out his joint on the metal sticking out from one of the seats. 

"Sarah's not a pogue, John B." Pope dryly added, JJ agreeing as y/n feel asleep to the sound of his heartbeat. 

When y/n woke up, it was because JJ was stroking her hair softly and whispering for her to wake up. Y/n opened her eyes and flinched from the daylight creeping in through the window, lifting her head softly.

"Wakey wakey, angel." JJ chuckled as she smiled at him and softly pecking his lips before looking out the window to see that they were in line for the ferry, jumping up from her position in shock and JJ also sitting up as Pope walked back to the car, JJ fixing the seat and jumping over with y/n so that he was on the side and y/n was in between him and John B.

"Okay so, bad news. The ferry's closed, and there is this." Pope gulped, getting into the car and handing Kie the piece of paper, Kie muttering a "shit." as they passed the paper to JJ.

Y/n peered over to look at what it was. It was a wanted poster for John B with a $25,000 cash reward. "What the fuck." Y/n blinked up at JJ, who reached over to hand the paper to John B.

"Well, John B, this is a good framer of you." JJ chuckled sarcastically as John B grabbed the paper, his eyebrows raised. "Congratulations, John B. You're now famous."

"Guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights-" Kie suggested but was cut off by John B huffing "It's at the Château, Kie."

"The cops definitely have that place locked down." Y/n bit her lip as she ran her fingers through her hair as she thought of an idea. "J, does your dad still have that boat? The phantom?" JJ shrugging in response.

"You could get right up the coast, no problem." Pope nodded, letting out a groan as the cars in front of him stayed put.

"Kie, your car is on here!" John B gasped, y/n snapping her head to look at the poster. "It's on the poster." Pope, now beeping the horn, getting the attention of a kid and a guy who spotted John B.