25

"This is the north drain.It should've gotten washed into the gully. So, if it got flushed out from this drain,it would've been pushed out to, like-" JJ spoke as they walked up to the swamp that they hoped the gun would've washed into. "The trash?" JJ questioned with a shrug, rummaging through the fishing lines and nets.

"Oh my God.People who use plastic should be shot." Kie muttered, looking around at the piles of continuous trash that littered the swamp. 

"Okay, personally, I love plastic.Use it every day. Love the stuff." JJ scoffed, throwing the fishing net back into the water and putting his hands on his hips, y/n letting out a chuckle, also looking around.

"I thought you'd saysomething like that, so, trash bags." Pope smiled at Kie, who blushed at him holding up the bags bit before JJ rolled his eyes. "You want us to leave you two alone,or what's going on?" JJ piped in, flinching as Pope threw the roll at JJ, y/n letting out a noise as she cringed, feeling the water fill her shoes as she stepped into the swamp. 

Y/n picked up the roll of trash bags that were floating on the surface of the water, unrolling one and ripping it off the roll before placing the roll on the concrete, opening the bag as JJ shoved trash in the bag. 

Slowly, the moved through the pile of trash until there was none left, but still no gun. "Well, that was fun." JJ sighed, using the back of his hand to wipe the sweat that was dripping from his forehead. 

"If it's not in the trash, it's gotta be in the storm drain." Y/n guessed, JJ nodding before going to his bag and pulling out a crowbar. "So, are we gonna do rock, paper, scissors?  Or alphabetically?" Kie added as JJ and Pope pulled open the cage of the storm drain.

"In the sewer there's this worm that you get when you're down there, it gets into your blood and then it has to come out your pecker and, well, I kinda need mine so that's a hard pass for me." JJ explained, sending a wink in y/n's direction, her eyes widening as Pope declined going into the sewer.

"Just say you're scared." Y/n let out a chuckle as Kie gnawed on her lip, trying to hide a laugh. "I'm not scared." JJ fought back, his hands going up in defense. "You are! It's fine, it's cute." Y/n added, following Kie to the entrance of the drain before poking at JJ's cheek, and exaggerated pout on her lips at JJ's hard expression.

"You don't have to be scared, we'll do it." Kie chuckled as y/n waited for her to enter the drain, Pope muttering a 'be careful.' to Kie before she entered, crawling into the tight space. 

Y/n was about to enter the drain when JJ grabbed her arm, his jaw clenched. "I love you." JJ whispered, staring into her eyes. "I love you too." Y/n smiled back at him, pecking his lips quickly before he let go of her arm, y/n following Kie into the tight space. "Just holler if you need anything and we'll holler back!" JJ called out, his voice echoing through the tunnel, Kie calling out a "thank you."

JJ watched the girls, making sure they were out ears reach before he placed the crowbar onto the cement, turning towards Pope with a grin. "Alright bro. I see you vibing on Kie, okay. Give me the details. Are we talkingfirst base, second base, third base?" JJ interrogated Pope as he let out a sigh.

"Try not even in the same ballpark." Pope shrugged, JJ's brows furrowing at him. "What do you mean by that?" JJ questioned with a small tick of his head as he eyed his friend. "It's like we're not playing the same game. The other night she was all over me. But she was wasted." Pope continued, JJ staring at him in confusion as Pope rambled on.

"I understand! I understand!" JJ cut Pope off from his ranting, his hands on his shoulders. "Pope, think. I know you can do that. Like, light some candles.Put on some Otis Redding, yeah, that would work. Or play guitar." JJ suggested, clicking his fingers as he shrugged.