Gone - 4

The elevator dings and the two fiancé's leave the elevator, (Y/n) still leaning on Natasha.

Scout bounds over, wagging her tail joyfully and (Y/n) leans down. "Hi, baby," (Y/n) says, her eyes bright with happiness. Scout yips excitedly as (Y/n) picks her up.

Natasha leads (Y/n) to her room. The young redhead packs a suitcase full of her clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, as well as a few toiletries.

Natasha and (Y/n) walk down to the garage and get into Natasha's black Corvette Stingray, (Y/n) holding onto Scout.

When the three return to the apartment, Natasha pulls (Y/n) tightly against her on the couch.

"Hiya, hun," (Y/n) says, her eyes glowing. But when (Y/n) looks up at Natasha, her glow dies.

Tears are falling hot and fast down Natasha's cheeks.

"Tasha? What's wrong?" (Y/n) asks.

"I was so scared," Natasha says softly. "That you would never come home."

"Natasha, my gorgeous love," (Y/n) says, turning to face Natasha. "I will always come home to you. You are my stars. My moon. My sun. My world."

Natasha sighs softly, hugging (Y/n) to her.

"I adore you," Natasha murmurs.

"And I love you," (Y/n) says, her voice just just as soft.

There is a moments pauses and (Y/n) speaks, "Natasha?"

Natasha turns to meet (Y/n)'s (E/c) eyes.

"I've been thinking for a while now. I know it would make Dad upset," she pauses again. "Natasha, I want to open a bakery. I know that leaving my job with Dad might make him upset, but this is something I've wanted for a long time. I just didn't' want to disappoint Dad by not following in his footsteps."

"(Y/n), my dear," Natasha says, her eyes still red from her tears. "You could never disappoint anyone. And I've been thinking too. I wan't to retire."

(Y/n) sits, stunned for a moment. "I-I thought that being an Avenger made you happy?"

"It does, but nothing could make me happier than being with you," Natasha says, and (Y/n) hugs her fiance tightly.

(Y/n) smiles warmly, her heart swelling with love. She rests her sleepy head against Natasha's chest.

"And, who knows," Natasha says, a cheeky grin spreading across her face. "Maybe I could help you with the bakery?"

(Y/n)'s head shoots up from Natasha's chest. "I know I can't cook, but maybe you can teach me?" Natasha asks.

(Y/n) lies her head back down. "Sure," (Y/n) replies sleepily, "I'd love to."

Natasha smiles widely and lets her chin rest on (Y/n)'s head. "Sleep well, my dear," she says softly.

(Y/n) murmurs something unintelligible in return, the Stark already half asleep.

The two end up falling asleep on the couch, (Y/n) lying on top of her redhead.

When (Y/n) awakes and notices this she smiles softly, gently untangles herself from Natasha, places a kiss to the redhead's forehead, and then stumbles sleepily into the kitchen to start breakfast.

At the smell wafting through the apartment, Natasha blinks open her eyes, wincing from the brightness of the morning sun.

When Natasha walks into the kitchen, she finds (Y/n) pulling a tray of muffins out of the oven, Scout bouncing up and down around (Y/n)'s feet. Natasha beams and fixes her emerald gaze on (Y/n), her eyes sparkling happily.

When (Y/n) sets the tray on the counter, Natasha crosses the kitchen in a few strides to wrap her arms around (Y/n)'s waist. (Y/n) sighs happily, leaning back slightly to rest on Natasha, her eyes bright. (Y/n) turns around in Natasha's arms to place a loving kiss on Natasha's lips.

"Dad?" (Y/n) prompts, striding into her father's lab in the Avengers' Compound.

The billionaire looks up from his current project to look happily at his daughter. "Hi!" Tony says, abandoning his project to cross the lab. "What are you up to?" he asks with a grin.

"I just wanted to tell you something," (Y/n) says and she pauses, collecting her thoughts.

"What is it?" Tony asks, looking curious now.

"I-I. Don't be upset," (Y/n) says. "I want to open a bakery. But that means I have to leave. I wouldn't work here anymore." (Y/n) stops and tenses, waiting for her father's disapproval.

"Why would I be upset?" is Tony's answer.

"I-I don't know, Dad," (Y/n) admits. "I thought you'd be angry that I wanted to leave. Or that I wasn't going to follow in your footsteps."

"You should do what makes you happy," Tony says, stepping forward to embrace his daughter.

"Thanks, Dad," (Y/n) murmurs, hugging him tightly before stepping back.

"Now, go off to your girlfriend," Tony adds, a slight teasing tone to his voice. "She'll be missing you." Then, Tony's tone changes.

"Natasha was very worried when you were taken." The billionaire pauses, "Don't let her go." (Y/n) smiles softly. "Believe me, I could never."

When (Y/n) finds her fiance, Natasha is talking to Steve.

"I'm retiring, Steve," Natasha tells the super-soldier.

"We need you, Natasha," Steve counters, as though he could ever change Natasha's mind when she was determined.

"She needed me and I wasn't here," Natasha argues, putting emphasis on the word she. "There are more Avengers now than there were from the Battle of New York - Wanda, Sam, Scott, Bucky."

Wanda appears at (Y/n)'s shoulder, both young women watching the argument between the former assassin and the super-soldier.

"I'm sorry Steve, I have to," Natasha says, turning around and meeting (Y/n)'s gaze.

(Y/n) smiles softly, her gaze warm as the former Avenger strides across the room. Natasha takes (Y/n)'s hand, and the two walk out to the car, ready to return home.

Yeah, I think this is our conclusion to Gone. I really really hope you all liked it :)) And I'm saying it again for those who forgot: I love you all! I love all my followers, voters and readers <33

I love you all 3000💕
Stay safe💕