• Final Bite •

Start from the beginning

Process

Bite Me was so much fun to write for so many more reasons too. Mainly, I wanted to focus on misdirects and twists with this one. Instead of a strict outline, I just followed a list of beats which was super fucking different than what I normally do.

The scenes I planned kept changing, but these beats stayed the same:

• JK vampire reveal
• JM knows about vampires reveal
• YM vampire prince reveal
• YM ex reveal
• JM is YM feeder confirmation

So that was really fun because I feel like I haven't really done a twist focused story since Deliveree Boys.

Another new thing for me was was having Taegi POV's! It's so common in fics to sprinkle in other ship POVs along with the plot but that's something I've rarely ever done. It was a first not to use the other members to advance Jikook's relationship, but get their own arcs!

The other thing I really wanted to make sure I did that was extremely different for me is not having any of the BTS members end up the "villain." I don't know, it just made me too sad to villainize any of them with the enlistments coming up and everything. Yoongi and Jimin were in a terrible situation, but it wasn't that Yoongi himself was innately evil, you know?

 Yoongi and Jimin were in a terrible situation, but it wasn't that Yoongi himself was innately evil, you know?

A List of Cast-Aside, Unhinged Plot Points

I know vampires aren't all the rage anymore, but I've wanted to try a supernatural story for a while. Since this was published as chapters were written, the plot actively updated a lot and it went through so many changes. Sooo I thought I'd share them with you. Mainly because some were wild.

As with Publicity Stunt, I present to you: Put Back into Pocket, by Violette:

Okay so the original plot was going to just be TA/Student where JM leverages the power imbalance

Okay so the original plot was going to just be TA/Student where JM leverages the power imbalance. Their relationship would shift from solely sexual when JK asked JM to a Halloween party. JK was gonna walk in on Tae leaving JM's office hours realizing he's fucking more students than just him and that's when JK and JM would go exclusive (the classic CEO/secretary plot if you know what I mean 😏).

➡️

That then spiraled into an idea that Jimin's exes were actually vampires and they'd be at that party (so OG was JM x NJ x SJ throuple) - but I felt like that didn't have enough substance.

➡️

So, we moved to a plot where JK was a vamp and he was working with NJ and SJ to get Jimin to come back to them as their feeder but falls for Jimin instead. Which, as per theme in these end notes, I realized was out of pocket and must be re-pocketed. That's like a love square that would have happened.

➡️

So instead, I was like omg what if we do it like a vampire mafia type au where cross-coven relationships are like deeply against vampire law? So that's how we got the original two covens. I had this fun idea that when JK and JM start dating, they plan ways to get Taehyung and Yoongi together and Namjoon and Seokjin (Namjoon was originally gonna be in Yoongi's coven) and it would be a bunch of chapters of them just pulling the strings until everyone is secretly dating each other and the covens are forced to merge. But it felt more like a sitcom one-off than full story.

➡️

So then I wrote the first chapter that got published as a nod to that Halloween party plot, moving onto the second chapter where they meet in class, and the plot you all know grew from there. I did like the idea of playing with the vampire genre though and making JK and Tae new vampires instead of centuries old with cold broken hearts.

➡️

Third or fourth unhinged plot that got removed was that Daniel (who then turned into San in this story but originally was going to stay as Daniel which is why he was introduced as Tae's jazz friend) was out to kill JK cause his sister died in the car crash that turned JK and he hadn't gotten to her in time to turn her. This one actually stayed in the mental outline I had for a while until I realized that would just be way too much going on. Daniel was gonna swoop in after the Yoongi battle scene and try to kill JM - mainly because I wanted to have a line where Tae said "okay, maybe Jungkook is my only friend"

 Daniel was gonna swoop in after the Yoongi battle scene and try to kill JM - mainly because I wanted to have a line where Tae said "okay, maybe Jungkook is my only friend"

End Note 2/2!

I hope you all had some fun and enjoyed it!! I think trashy, smutty, vampire love stories are something the world needs much more of.

And guys, I finally did it. I finally wrote a smutty book that actually has smut in it. Not a flex for a fanfic author, but if you've been with me a while you know it's a flex for me 🤝

Also, I recently fell back into actually reading fics and not just writing them which was a huge motivator. Specifically, there's a fic on AO3 called The Change Up by Ashlyn17 and it's a mafia AU that heavily inspired this story. Even though it's really got almost nothing in common, I wanted to capture the feeling that fic gave me while I was reading it. The Change Up's chapters felt purposeful and the length of them was what inspired me to try 2500-3000 word chapters. The writing in it is so so good too and I loved getting to learn about Law School and Baseball while reading it. I really recommend that story if you liked the vibe of this one! If you read it come back and let me know what you think! 🥰

I hope you had fun!! (and I miss you already. Genuinely, thank you for making this fic such a positive experience for me. It's been a while since I've felt such a strong sense of Jikook community on here and it's just been an absolute joy 💜)

- Bite me, Violette