Chapter 88 - Ashley | Finale

"It was a mistake," you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.
- David Levithan

Welcome to the finale

****

4 weeks later

"Agent Scott, the SWAT team is on its way. Where do you want them?" one of the senior officers asked over the walkie-talkie.

I actually hate to have the magisterial police with us on missions, but today we need them. We need all the help we can get.

"Have them surround the bank and cover every possible entrance and exit. I don't want anyone entering or leaving this bank without us knowing about it," I replied instructively.

In addition to the police who had already surrounded the bank, a SWAT team now arrived. The situation is serious, we have no idea what to expect.

But I always expect the unexpected, that's the most interesting. And who doesn't love a challenge?

My whole unit is here, it's been a long time since we had an official joint mission and I could already feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins as I looked at the bank building in front of me.

Today is the day.

We have been securing the building since early dawn and are just waiting for something to move inside. It has been several hours and no movement has been detected on our scanners.

But it can only be a matter of time.

In the last few weeks I've thrown myself head over heels back into work, it's been a good distraction... and I've noticed that I've kind of missed it....

After all, I'm pretty good at what I do. I can't do anything else anyway, so I have no choice but to keep working at the CIA.