Chapter 45 - Harry | Followed

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"
- Abraham Lincoln

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"- Abraham Lincoln

****

The whole day is a pure disaster.

Has even one positive thing happened since I opened my eyes? No. Something always had to fucking ruin everything. Whether it was an annoying phone call or a stranger who showed up. And the morning had started so well...damn.

"Who do you think it is?" Ashley asked anxiously referring to the car following us. She looked in the rearview mirror again, but the windows of the car were tinted, making it impossible to see a driver. Besides, the car was still too far away. However, it was getting dangerously closer and soon it will surely catch us.

"I guess our dead friend called for backup," I replied as I pressed harder on the gas pedal to go even faster. "Shit." cursed Ashley and for once I agree with her, it really sucked. "Harry, the car is catching up!" shouted Ashley and I accelerated the car again. But it can't go faster than that. Shit.

"Get a gun out of the bag." I instructed her and she responded immediately, spinning around to the back and grabbing the first bag out of the two she could reach. She pulled the heavy object onto her lap and unzipped it. Out came several simple firearms and ammunition for them, which Ashley now reached for.

The car was now getting closer and closer and in this open space it was impossible to shake it off. "Okay, when the car is in range I'll shoot," Ashley said as she rolled down the window. "Aim for the tires." I advised and she nodded. She held her gun in position, but the car was still a little too far away to hit accurately.

Suddenly the prepaid cell phone rang and we both flinched out of surprise. Ashley reached for it since I couldn't reach it while driving and she looked at the display. "No caller ID." she mumbled with her eyebrows drawn together. "Answer it." I ordered her and she rolled her eyes. "You want to give more orders?" she huffed annoyed. "Yes." I replied simply.

She then said nothing more, but answered the call. She put it on speaker and answered it with "Yes? Hello?" There was static on the other end and Ashley looked up at me uncomprehendingly. No idea what this call was about. Who is this? "Hey Ash, It's Layla." a bright voice suddenly spoke up just as Ashley was about to hang up.

Ashley's eyes widened. "Layla? Um, what's up?" she asked, trying not to let her surprise show. "Oh, nothing. I just wanted to ask how you were doing?" she replied kindly. Wait a minute. Wasn't Layla that little agent Niall was supposed to be watching? "Well, right now is a bad time, Layla. Can I call you um later?" tried Ashley to talk her way out of it. Right now really wasn't a good time to chat.