Chapter 48 - Louis | Burn mark

"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose." - Tennessee Williams

" - Tennessee Williams

****

"You were right, by the way." said Harry slowly, and I thought I wasn't hearing right. No way in hell he actually just said that. "About what?" I asked in wonder as I still couldn't imagine he really meant what I thought he meant.

"About Nick..." he muttered and I sucked in a sharp breath. He really meant that thing. What the fuck? What's going on? "Okay." I said confused and suddenly he hung up. Harry had never admitted that what he did was stupid or a mistake. Never. And I've known him for years. Fuck, what does that mean?

I mean, we've had a lot of arguments because he was going to do something I didn't agree with, but we've never had conversations like that afterwards. Is he dying? No, it can't be. That's why he wouldn't get weird all of a sudden. I mean I told him that Nick seems strange to me, but he didn't care about this warning and went to met him anyways. As soon as he gets something in his big head, he doesn't care about anything.

He is really stubborn. And really tempestuous, which is why it's no wonder that he suddenly hung up after this sentence. Sometimes he says something and regrets it afterwards, but then it's usually already too late. That hanging up quickly doesn't bring him anything doesn't bother him then.

It's probably the best if I just do what he asked me to do for now. Then I can still worry about him. Like always.

While I was waiting for Harry to send me the picture, I wrote a message to the boys. After all, I need their help for this. Zayn was the first to answer me and since he is with Niall, he said that now both come over to me. It did not take long and then I got the message from Liam that he was now also on the way.

Harry's words were still buzzing around in my head but I tried to push these thoughts aside and concentrate on this burn mark instead. If we can figure out who it belongs to and what it means, we can crack the mystery of who was chasing them. My cell phone vibrated, because Harry had probably just sent me the photo. What took him so long?

It doesn't matter, because the main thing is that I have it now. But I couldn't really do anything with it. I'll wait until the guys are here and then we'll figure something out. Four heads have better ideas than just one. Okay, minus Niall. Three heads.
After about 20 minutes the bell rang at my gate and I let the two cars drive onto my property by pressing the appropriate button.

I waited at the open front door for the three of them and the first thing I heard was Niall's laugh, of course. Then they came around the corner. "Hey Lou, we were fast weren't we?" the Irishman then called out to me. I looked at my non-existent watch and flashed him a wry grin. "It's not like I've been waiting over 20 minutes, dickhead."