Epilogue

A small five-year-old girl with pointed ears and brown hair ran up to you and clung to your right leg.

"What's the matter now, Amanda? Don't tell me that Cal is causing issues again?" You asked as you crouched down to look your child in the eyes.

"No! It's Uncle K! They're trying to take my penis!" They corrected with a scared tone. You stared at her with a furrowed brow.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. But did you say penis?" You questioned, hoping you heard them wrong.

"Yeah! My penis!" She nodded, making you sigh.

"Kieran!" You called out. Kieran came out from the corner with their bright orange hair laughing wildly as they held their stomach. "What did I say about teaching my kids teenage words?"

"I'm sorry! I-It was so funny!" They wheezed. Over the years, they have finally learned to deepen their voice so instead of being a high-pitched androgynous nerd, they were now in their twenties with a voice fit for a tenor. Spock entered with a twelve-year-old red-headed boy.

"Why are we yelling? We all know Calcifer can't have too many distractions during his astronomy lessons." Spock asked.

"Astronomy's harder than it looks," Cal mumbled, making you chuckle.

You spoke up to calm everyone down. "Why don't we take a break, Spock and I have a meeting with the Andorians soon, anyways."

"Yes. Kieran, could you take care of Calcifer and Amanda while I talk with (Y/N)?" The tall Vulcan asked, his face was now even more riddled with wrinkles since you finally learned to make him laugh. His hair was already starting to grey from the stress of being King and helping raise two kids with a third on the way.

"Of course!" The short nonbinary replied. Spock then led you away to a private foyer where he sat you down and began talking.

"I believe that we may need to start thinking of finding Calcifer a partner."

"For when the Pon Farr starts?" You sighed.

"You don't like the idea of this."

"No I don't, but I understand why it's necessary."

"Yes, and that is why I decided we should start the selection early so that we also find someone that Calcifer approves of."

"I agree, that's probably the best way to go around this."

"It is the best way to go around this, I have gone over every scenario during the past week." He corrected, leaving you aghast.

"I often forget how capable you are in this area," You chuckled. "You're too good at this." You smiled up at him, no matter what he replied with, you knew that your statements would be true. Through both of your miscarriages, your panic attacks, and even any of the family emergencies, he always had a plan to get everyone through it with as little emotional and physical damage as possible.

"I'm not good enough some days, ashayum. We should get going now. May I assume you have fully prepared your side of the speech correctly this time? As I recall, the Andorians did not appreciate your mix-up of statistics between them and the Klingon Empire."

"Don't worry, besides this is the Andoreans specialty! This is about our information trading! I have all of the blueprints and papers already prepped in the meeting room along with an example of the lightbulb, I can't believe it took us this long to finally get to the lightbulb." You noted.

"Luckily for us, advancing technology is much faster since we have past experience. The issue is building the technology with what we have and making it work."

"I don't believe I am ever going to get the hang of this part of royalty." You groaned.

"That is alright, I can continue explaining things." He nodded as he led you out. You couldn't wait to see what else the future had in store for your home planet Minerva.