Chapter 22

You woke up to Spock carefully crawling out of bed, failing to not wake you up.

"Spock?" You called out, your voice crackly from just waking up.

"I didn't mean to wake you, (Y/N), I was going to let you sleep for at least fifteen more minutes." He informed as he began changing, but you interrupted him as you wrapped your arms around him, preventing him from getting further dressed.

"Well, you could spend those fifteen minutes with me." You smiled.

"You have been quite confident since you found out that you would be rooming with me." He pointed out. He unraveled himself from your arms and turned around to face you.

"What else did you expect from me? We rarely get any time alone together." You purred. He gave a soft, low hum in response as you ran your hands up his bare chest, moving the unbuttoned shirt as you went.

"Ashayum, we really must be going." He softly grabbed your arms and looked into your mischievous eyes.

"Alright fine, but I'll win one of these days, my prince."

"I have high doubts about that, princess." He retorted. The two of you got dressed and he took you to the dining hall.

"You two are early," Sarek noted. "Breakfast isn't ready quite yet, but you may take a seat, Amanda is getting ready at the moment. I feel as if I must ask how things went last night, you two did behave, didn't you?" He asked, looking towards you with a slight glare.

"We didn't do anything that would go outside of Vulcan or human tradition." You defended.

"Good, I'm glad that you've learned some sense of control."

"Sarek, it is too early in the morning for nagging on (Y/N)." Amanda butted in as she entered. She gave a quick kiss on the cheek of her beloved and sat down. "I'm sure he's just worried that you'll do the same thing we did before we got married."

"Amanda, please do not reminisce about that right now. I am sure that they do not need examples."

"I must agree with father on this one," Spock grumbled, seeming embarrassed. All you could do was stifle your laughter. Finally, breakfast came, and the awkwardness softened as we began eating. Spock was the first to finish and he got up to take his leave.

"I must be going, I have a couple of errands to run," He stated as he ran a hand through your hair and over your shoulder as if mocking what you did to him that morning. You gave a soft smile. "I will see you in a while, Princess."

"Till then, your highness." You replied, watching him leave. "Amanda, do you think you could come with me to the library after we are done eating?"

"Of course, though I would like to know what that small act was about." She grinned mischievously.

"No reason, just small flirtations." You reasoned as your face flush. Once the three of you finished eating, you and Amanda headed to the library.

"Are you looking for anything specific?" Amanda questioned once the two of you entered.

"I'm hoping to find a steampunk novel called The Difference Engine, I remember catching a glimpse of it and reading the summary on the back the last time I was here and it stuck with me."

"Oh yes, I know the one you're talking about! Spock had a small phase as a teenager where he would constantly read fantasy, sci-fi, and obscure genres from earth history like steampunk, nordic noir, slipstream, and even philosophical fiction! Sarek considered it to be one of his more rebellious phases, but Spock was into that specific book for a few years and actually managed to get me into it too! Here, let me go grab it for you." She rambled. She then guided you through the library to a small corner near the fantasy and sci-fi section where she pulled down a book with a mechanical eye on the cover and handed it to you.

"Thank you so much." You smiled. Amanda then showed you some different parts of the castle, including the music room, a pool, and even the kitchens, where you quickly stole a couple of slices of green bell peppers to snack on. Eventually, you went back to you and Spock's room where you entertained yourself by writing the letter to your brother, drawing in your sketchbook, and reading the new book. Spock came back an hour before lunch. "Where did you venture off to?" You asked curiously, as you bookmarked and set down the book.

"A meeting with Father, some of the lords are rather upset about our relations with the human kingdom." He replied. He finally looked down at the book you were reading and raised an eyebrow. "The Difference Engine? I didn't know you were into the steampunk genre."

"I noticed the book on my last trip to your library, and it caught my attention. I must admit that it is a rather good read. Amanda informed me that you used to be really into it." You smirked.

"Yes, I had a phase started when I was fifteen where I would only read obscure genres, fantasy, and sci-fi."

"So that's one of the ways how you know what books to choose for me~"

"That would be a correct assumption." He blushed slightly, the rest of the day went by surprisingly smoothly with nothing bad happening, you were able to send off your letter, paint in your art room, and Spock once again used his silver tongue to make you blush. You couldn't help but melt at that deep voice of his, he used such soft vocal inflections to emphasize certain points of his sentences, and each time he spoke it awoke a warm flame in your heart. You still couldn't believe that you were with this man and that he allowed someone like you into his life, luckily, he made it clear that he wishes to keep you with him.