Chapter 2

The dance eventually came to an end and Spock took your arm and led you out into the echoing halls of the castle.

"Where would you like to go?" The prince questioned.

"I hear that your castle has quite the garden, would you mind if we head out there?" You asked.

"It is rather chill, are you certain you wish to go there?"

"Are you worried about me, Prince Spock?"

"You are human, and not only that, you are my betrothed, it is only natural for me to make certain."

"Don't worry, I was only teasing you a bit, and yes, I'm sure I would like to go. Besides, a bit of fresh air is what I need, and the layers on this dress will help shield me." You chuckled. He shook his head slightly which made you feel slightly guilty. "Hey, you don't mind if I tease you, do you? I wouldn't want to annoy you."

"No, I don't necessarily mind, I would prefer if you don't do it too much, though." He responded.

"Alright, I'll keep it in mind." You smiled slightly. Soon enough you were out on the steps leading to an extravagant and exotic garden with vines reaching up columns, and a fountain in the center of it all. While it all was well trimmed, it had a sense of wildness and randomness among it's beauty. "Woah." You breathed out.

"It is quite impressive. This is all my mother's doing, she wished for there to be something lively and unpredictable amongst my father's kingdom." He explained without hesitation.

"Well it is quite beautiful, I wish I had my sketchbook with me."

"This would be something challenging to draw."

"Do you draw, also?"

"No, I'm more of a musician, but I have looked at your art while researching what you are like." He answered shocking you quite a bit.

"Y-you've seen my art? And there's enough about me to research me?" You gasped.

"Yes to the first question, but the second is hard to answer as the only things I could find on you were the bare basics along with photos of you in the background, your art, and a limited selection of interviews and articles. May I ask why that is?"

"Sure! You see, my father is quite overprotective and only wanted me to be seen by the public when I was a teenager and then be wed when I was 18. Luckily, my mother and I managed to convince him to allow me to publish my art as a way for me to understand the outside world better. This allowed for a select amount of interviews too, which let the public get to know me more. My art may not be the best, but it's an escape from the real world for me. I'm sure you understand as a musician." You explained as the two of you sat down in the garden.

"Yes, I understand fully. Your father sounds to be quite overbearing." He noted

"Well, it could be worse."

"That is true, too. I also learned from my research that you enjoy science, is this true?"

"Yes, I love learning in general, actually. New information always fascinates me, and when I find a subject that truly peaks my interest, I can't help but dive myself into it." You laugh. "I'm guessing that you're a bit of a scientist yourself?"

"I am more than 'just a bit', I am actually the head scientist on my father's science team. I've actually been to your castle before." He confessed, making your head turn.

"You've been to my kingdom? How come I've never seen you!" You blurted out.

"To be honest, I didn't know of your existence until just last month, the first time I went was when I was 16, which was one year before you were born and I was still a child according to Vulcan age. I can only assume that your father had kept you hidden away while visitors were around." He explained.

"Yeah, that sounds like him." You sighed. "So would that make you-"

"I am 35, if you are wondering."

"I see, that is quite the age difference."

"Yes, but considering the difference in lifespans, it is still appropriate." Spock noted. An awkward silence filled the air as you pondered on what to say next.

"So, is there anything other than science that you are interested in?" You ask.

"Yes, I am a musician and am invested in strategy based games like chess or draught."

"How about backgammon?"

"Yes, I've played that too."

"Maybe someday I could beat you in all three of those games, sir." You smirked. He raised an eyebrow and looked at you.

"You mustn't be so confident, princess, a Vulcan such as myself has far superior intelligence and logic." He teased, making you chuckle.

"Well human's can be better at deception, so maybe I could trick you into losing."

"A fair point, but how could you deceive me when I examine all the options and take precautions against each one?"

"Shoot, that's true." You murmured. "You're right that you'd probably win." You laughed.

"Probably, yes, but you still have a chance. Now, princess, I must ask, how long will your stay last?"

"Mother and father said for around a week, though it could be longer if I enjoy my stay."

"And are you?"

"So far, yes, you and your family have been quite hospitable."

"That is good, if you don't enjoy it here, then our marriage could become quite unpleasant."

"Yes, to be frank, I don't know if I even like the idea of an arranged marriage, no offense to you of course, you have been very kind, it's just that I always thought that I would go on to pursue my goals as an artist, not become a queen." You confessed.

"I do not like the idea either, but it is traditional, and if it's your art that you are worried about, we could very easily arrange a studio here and help you continue your artistic endeavors." He offered.

"Are you sure? I know that as your wife, I should be more focused on you and raising a family." His shoulders tensed once you mentioned a family, "But we don't have to worry about that for a few years if you want to wait, trust me, I'm not exactly the most eager either." You tried to reassure.

"Yes, I understand, and yes I am sure, you deserve your recreational time just as much as anyone else does."

"Thank you, say, Sir Spock, are there any places in your castle that you'd like to show me?"

"Bored of the garden already, princess (Y/N)?"

"No, just curious about other areas." You corrected. He looked down at you, and you swore you could see a glimmer of emotion in his seemingly stoic eyes.

"Follow me, your highness." He waved.