Chapter 38

The rest of the week passed rather quickly and according to your husband, it was probably a good thing you weren't there as the Klingons created quite the mess during the opening ceremony or, to them, opening party. Blood wine was everywhere and everyone except for Felicity had to partake of it, Spock had his first bloodwine hangover and expressed his sympathy for you. Sarek caught you up on everything including new treaties and relations.

"What happened to Darek?" You questioned after he caught you up.

"He is being executed tomorrow," Sarek answered without a hint of emotion. Your stomach dropped as a shiver went up your spine.

"E-executed?"

"That is correct," He nodded. You grew silent as you fidgeted with your dress. Admittedly, you were conflicted. Sure, he was terrible and you hate him- but he's your father, and you still felt guilty and don't think he deserves death. "(Y/N), are you alright?"

You jumped slightly as he snapped you out of your daze, "Um- Yeah, I-I'll be fine. I'm just uh- go-going to go to the gardens for a small while." You tried to enunciate your words properly, but they still came out slightly garbled. You quickly got up and started heading for the gardens. Once you made it to the koi pond you sat on the bench and started trying to calm down. You held in your tears and forced your chest to rise slowly with each breath and felt your chin quiver with each slow exhale. You then felt a soft touch on your shoulder as Spock sat down next to you and moved his arm to wrap around your shoulder. The tears you had been holding in finally began to trickle down your cheeks.

"Ashayum..." He breathed out, worry-filled his voice.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't be-"

"Don't apologize, your tears are appropriate and I'm not one to judge, you know this." He interrupted as he pulled you into him. You began to sob into his chest, all of the regret, pain, and the sickening slight bloom of happiness came out of your eyes. His breath was also slightly shaky, almost like he too was holding something back. You pulled away and wiped the tears from your eyes.

"Spock, what's wrong?" You questioned forcing your attention on him.

"I-It's your emotions, they were overwhelming for me to say the least."' He answered, in his voice, there was a huge tone of shock. "I should have figured your emotional state would be too intense for me, but now I understand more thoroughly what exactly is harming you." He explained, he then gave a slight cough to try to clear his throat before speaking up again. "You are still connected to him, and you are upset at yourself by that. Along with that, you feel an unnecessary amount of guilt and regret. It is clear that you are grieving." He choked out as a tear fell from his eye, he quickly wiped the tear and stared at it briefly before you grabbed his hand.

"Yes, you are correct. I-I don't like these feelings so I'm glad I have someone who can calm me down." You smiled. He then moved your hand to his lips and gave it a soft kiss.

"You wouldn't have admitted this a year ago, you have come a long way, Ashayum, I know we can get through this." Spock reminded. You gave a warm smile before he continued with a soft, mischievous smile. "Kieran heard of this as well, they stated that they wish they could be the one to kill him."

"You're kidding!" You laughed.

He raised an eyebrow, "Do I ever joke, t'hai'la? We should go back inside, I know that you would enjoy some time painting in your art room before our next meal." You nodded and went back in to paint.

Three days later, you saw in the papers that your father was beheaded and when you read further, it was obvious that the Vulcan's thoughts on extermination were not positive, which is fair since you don't approve of extermination in this case either. Spock came up behind you in your art room while you were reading the article and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I will be fine, luckily, I did quite a bit of my grieving years ago when he was exiled. That's when my mind marked him as dead. Most of my emotions towards him have turned to anger." You explained, you then motioned towards your painting. "I finally finished it." You smiled. The painting was of an elf man with green blush and white spots standing over a human woman in a simple white dress, helping her up. The elf had golden eyes with long black hair that slowly turned brown. His shirt was white and the sleeves ended at his elbows and the shirt tucked into his black pants. The women had (H/L), (H/C) hair with (F/C) eyes. They were in a clearing in a forest where the woman was in the middle of a fairy ring and looked up to the elf man, reaching out her hand to his. It was a sunny, spring day in the painting, making the colors bright and warm.

"Fascinating, have you thought of a title?"

"Well, I was thinking Two Worlds Intertwined, what do you think?"

"A fitting title, are you planning on selling this?" He questioned as he sat down next to you and held onto your paint-splotched hand and lifted it to your lips to give it a kiss.

"No, I think this is one we should keep. I'm sure this is one that even our child will appreciate someday." You smiled, as you gave him a tender kiss on the lips.

"I'm sure they will. Do you know how they are doing?"

"Well, I believe they are doing well. In a few months, it'll be easier to tell." You replied as you laid a hand on your abdomen. You blushed slightly before speaking up once more. "Thank you, by the way."

"Sometimes, I should be the one thanking you for going through everything you have." He nodded. "I love you, princess."

"And I love you too, my prince."