Chapter 15

Once Kieran helped you into a clean dress, hours passed and while you had some breaks from the small room, it was still lonely. Eventually, the door opened up startling you while showing the bright light of the castle. Squinting slightly, you found king Sarek with a sour look on his face.

"I cannot believe your father would do this to you. It is much like a Klingon punishment, I don't see how he could get away with this." He greeted.

"Laws don't apply to pigs." Kieran spoke up with a growl.

"You should be careful, Ms. Summerville, you never know who is listening. Anyhow, princess, I've come to deliver a letter along with a reminder that we are still going forth with our original plan."

"What of the alliance?" You perked up as you took the letter.

"Your father is calling it off until further notice, but the Vulcan's can live without your kingdom's help for a while. Your brother Cal has already confided in me that the moment he becomes King is the moment the alliance returns. His wife, Felicity, also gives her regards to your situation."

"Thank you, I rarely ever talk to her. And King Sarek, if you don't mind, could you not tell Spock of this punishment?"

"I do not see why I shouldn't, is there any danger that would come to him or yourself if I did tell him?"

"No, I guess not."

"Then why are you so reluctant to tell him?" He questioned. It was a good question as the only thing getting in your way is really just fear, finally, it clicked why you were reluctant to give certain information.

"I guess it's just me not wanting him to be more upset with my father."

"From what I understand, Ms. (L/N), everything that has happened to you is what both of our species would consider inhumane. While you have broken some rules, this punishment is not the way to discipline someone like yourself since you are already well-behaved. If anything, you now have the right to break away from a punishment this illogical." He explained. "But if you wish to wait, I have noticed that your father is becoming more clear-headed and should let you out soon."

"Thank you, your highness. I will make sure to try to send out a letter once I get out of here." You smile.

"Good, I am sure my son will be glad to hear from you. Admittedly, you have him acting rather peculiar."

"Oh?"

"Yes, he has been reading fiction and has been playing his lute and piano more. Along with that, he has been preparing our spare room to become an art studio for you." He explained. You smiled and giggled slightly as you felt your love for him warm.

"Tell him I said thank you, I really do appreciate it." You blushed.

"I will, princess, I will see you in a few months, your majesty."

"I'll see you then, your highness." You nodded. He left and Kieran stepped forward.

"You know that you can leave if you want, right princess?" They reminded. You shook your head with a sad smile.

"I'm afraid not, Kieran. My father will probably be even more upset with me if I left this room without abiding by his rules or without his permission. I will have to stay here until he comes back."

"Jeez... Well, he better get over here soon! This isn't right, your grace."

"I know, but I'll have to wait it out."

"Alright, I'll wait here." They stated, you gave a grateful nod and the door closed leaving you in darkness once more. It was an hour till your father came to grab you, he looked down on you with a distasteful look.

"(Y/N), your punishment is over." He announced. You nodded and got up, he began to lead you to your room with Kieran tailing behind. "I do hope you have learned your lesson, and I went through your room myself without your mother's permission."

You held your breath in fear.

"Though surprisingly, there was nothing to note." He stated with a sour note. You gave a quiet sigh of relief, glad that your mother's secret hiding spot worked so well. "Kieran will still be posted around you and will sleep in the smaller room across from your room, they will be your hand-servant and will keep me posted so stay on your best behavior, alright sunshine?"

"Yes, father." You nodded, already done with this conversation. The three of you stopped outside of your bedroom door.

"Good, now have a good night's rest. I love you."

"I love you too, father." You replied, not sure if you believed your own words. You and Kieran entered your room.

"Yeah, don't worry I'm not actually going to report everything to him." They laughed making you chuckle.

"Thank you, but I am rather tired, so I will see you in the morning. Goodnight, Kieran."

"Goodnight princess, but are you sure you don't need help changing?" Kieran asked. You always hated the whole hand-servant part of how they helped you dress and bathe.

"No thank you, but I do appreciate the thought." You smiled softly. Kieran then bowed and made their leave. You sighed and got dressed, your body tired from the stress as the bees of your mind buzzed away with thoughts of anxieties, the future, and the past. You laid down and began to ponder as you tried to fall asleep, wondering who your father really meant to you.

You recognized that you now had a certain distaste for him, one that felt exactly like hatred, but could you really hate your own blood? Was that even allowed? He had always hidden you away and gave you absurd punishments when he was drunk. You wondered if he ever punished your brothers like that, but realized that the only brother you have ever really met was Cal, and that was because your father wanted you to see who was next in line.

Who even were your other brothers? You knew you had four brothers in total, one of which was younger than you but you've only met one. You tossed and turned until eventually, your mind went black with sleep.