Chapter 7

Soon enough the three of you entered Sarek's private office. He motioned for you two to take a seat as he took his own. Once you were all seated, he began to speak once more.

"I am sure you both are curious about this meeting, and one of you," He started, glaring at you, "is extremely nervous. Spock, I have decided that Princess (Y/N) can not inherit the queens crown."

"And why not, father?" Spock spat, shooting daggers towards his father. Your heart throbbed in your ribcage as you tried to stay still and push down your now very loud emotions

"Her mentality is too different from ours, having her mental disabilities in our blood will make our bloodline inferior and less fit for royalty. Your mother barely passed my fathers tests, and you barely scraped passed my tests to become heir. If you didn't pass, I would have had to choose one of your cousins, someone who was a purebred Vulcan." Sarek stated in a too-calm manner. Spock gripped the edge of his chair at these words, trying to keep his composure.

"Father-"

"Are you trying to say you want her as a queen? You've only known her for a day, are you already making a decision?" He interrupted. Spock looked at you, and you looked back at him and into his eyes.

"She is better than T'Pol, I wish to get to know her better. She holds true potential, despite her disabilities."

"T'Pol was a cheater, (Y/N) is unpredictable. As long as she has those disabilities, she is inferior to T'Pol." He argued. You bit the inside of your cheek in anger and frustration as you tried to hold in the words that began to fill your mind and heart.

"Don't I get a say in this?" You blurted out without thinking. Sarek turned to you and raised an eyebrow. Realizing you couldn't get out of this, you continued. "I understand that you're upset about finding out about my disabilities, sir. I would be too, but you are insulting me right in front of me and making decisions about me without my say in the matter. I have been thrown into this without a choice, but I would like a choice on whether to stay or leave. I can do better than what you think, the fact that I've come so far with these handicaps without giving up should say something! I would like a chance to prove myself, your highness."

"You are brave, Princess. Not everyone would so blatantly go against me, are you sure you wish to stay longer? After all, a Vulcan kingdom requires more knowledge and logic than a human kingdom does."

"I am absolutely certain, sir. In fact, I wish to inform my father that I would like to stay one more week than planned so I can fully understand how your kingdom works, and if you don't mind, if you have any meetings that would help me in my learning, I would like to sit in on those too. If I'm going to prove myself, I might as well go all in, your majesty." You stated. Spock stared at you in what seemed to be disbelief as your mind screamed at you that this was the wrong decision, but you kept a straight face.

"There is a meeting tonight about the exports and imports between us and the Andorian Kingdom, you may sit in on that. As for another week, I'd suggest sending a letter as soon as you can so it gets to your father in time. Meet me in the front foyer at 1600." He explained as he got up. You looked at him shocked- that wasn't supposed to work, you were absolutely certain that he was going to send you back. "No need to be shocked, princess, after all, you still have a ways to go before fully proving yourself. You have only passed a singular trial, now you'll have to work harder."

"Thank you, your majesty." You breathed out. The king nodded and left the room. You couldn't help but let out a small laugh as you placed a hand on your chest.

"I-I didn't expect that to work!" You smiled as you looked to Spock.

"No one has treated my father like that. I am surprised he let you do so." He commented.

"I'm surprised also! Well I should probably work on sending that letter."

"That would be best. Would you like me to accompany you to your room?" He offered as the two of you got up.

"No, I am certain that if your mother found out, she would be quite upset with either you, me, or the both of us." You chuckled. Spock simply nodded and the two of you went your separate ways. You made your way to your room and entered to find Ms. Rand making your bed.

"Ah, princess, What brings you here?" She smiled.

"I need to write a letter to my father. Do you have any stationary?" You asked.

"Naturally, you sit at the desk and I'll bring you the supplies." She nodded as she began to take her leave. You sit at the desk as she instructed and wait for her to come back. She came back with a knife, quill, and some pieces of parchment paper and handed them to you.

"Thank you, Ms. Rand."

"It is my pleasure, princess." She nodded. She then continued to clean your room as you began to write.

Dear father,

My stay here so far has been wonderful and King Sarek and Queen Amanda's hospitality has been amazing. They have been understanding of my anxiety and ADHD and have been so very accepting. Spock and I went to the square together today so that I could experience the kingdom and learn more about it and he has made his own adjustments to my anxieties. But I do have one request, to adjust and learn more about the kingdom, I would like to prolong my visit by one week. While I understand that this is not a part of your plan, I full heartedly believe that if I have more time, I can prove myself to be a proper queen for this kingdom. This will also give me more time to learn more about Spock and who he truly is.

Sincerely

(Y/N)

You proofread it and made some adjustments before rewriting it on another paper as a final draft. "Ms. Rand?" You called back.

"Yes, Princess?"

"Do you think that you could mail this to my father?" You asked as you handed the letter to her.

"Of course, princess." She smiled.

"Thank you, Ms. Rand." You smiled back. The bells outside chimed for lunch and you headed to the dining hall for lunch.