Chapter 25

You stepped out of the carriage and were welcomed by the sweet air of your home kingdom, the weather was so warm and the grass was as green as you remember. Your mother stepped out of the palace along with three adult males following suit. Each of them looked similar to you in some shape or form but had a serious and cold feel to them.

"Welcome home, my children, and welcome back to you, Prince Spock." your mother greeted with a smile. "(Y/N), I would like to introduce you to your other brothers, Atticus, Light, and Tetsuo." You noted the differences and how each of your brothers looked, while all of them had brown hair, Atticus' was the only one who had their hair slicked back while Tetsuo's was slightly spiky and Light's was naturally straight and smooth. Atticus wore glasses over his brown eyes and Tetsuo's eyes were the only ones who were naturally blue. Atticus looked to be only a year or two younger than Cal while Tetsuo seemed to be a few years younger than you, Light seemed to be a few years older than you.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you, (Y/N), we weren't even aware of you until a few weeks ago." Atticus greeted while extending a hand.

"The feeling is mutual, while I have known of you three, I've only ever heard tales." You shook his hand.

"So I'm guessing that you are our soon-to-be brother-in-law?" Tetsuo grinned at Spock.

"That would be a correct assumption." He nodded.

"Well I'm sure you'll make a fine addition, that is as long as you treat her well." Tetsuo almost threatened. Light rolled his eyes and stepped forward.

"Do not worry about him, your highness, as he is one of the main generals of our military, he believes he has the right to treat people like he treats his soldiers." Light waved off the youngest brother. "Now we should head inside and prepare for (Y/N)'s speech, I'm sure the civilians are anxious to hear her."

"Yes, a good idea, Light, let us head inside. Besides, I am sure your sister has someone she wishes to see." Your mother nodded. Everyone followed your mother inside the castle and once you were all inside, Cal spoke up.

"(Y/N), Spock, may you follow me?"

"Of course." You nodded. You and Spock began to follow Cal through the castle where it eventually led to a descending stone staircase that was lit up by torches.

"They were kept in a larger cell, I made sure of that along with having many luxuries that a civilian would. I'm sorry that I couldn't get Kieran out sooner, but I tried my best to make them comfortable."

"It's alright, Cal, you tried your best on this and I appreciate that. You've done well, and I'm just glad you've been making sure they're comfortable."

"We were also aware of the situation with your father which never allowed their freedom," Spock noted.

"I am glad my sister is keeping you in the loop, I have considered you family from the beginning and you deserve to know what has happened."

"I am honored to be considered family." He nodded, Cal finally stopped in front of a room.

"Would you like to enter first, (Y/N)?" Cal asked as he handed out a key. You took the key and slowly entered the key and opened the door. Inside, was Kieran looking out a barred window. They turned around and when they saw you, their face brightened up.

"Princess!" they called up as they got up.

"Hey, Kieran." You smiled back as they went to hug you.

"Are you alright? Is it safe to be here?" They questioned with concern.

"Of course! Cal here is now king and we've come to release you. If you wish, you can come back to the Vulcan kingdom with Spock and I where we will reside."

"I will gladly go back with you, besides, who's going to protect you if anything bad happens?" They smirked back.

"It's nice to see you still the same as when you had to leave us, we should head upstairs. We still have business to attend to." Everyone began to head upstairs when Spock perked up.

"When will the princess give her speech?" He asked, almost nervously.

"Are you nervous, Spock?" Cal asked with a teasing smirk.

"No I am not, but I do believe in efficiency and as you stated, the kingdom was anxious for her arrival."

"Yes you are correct, I am glad you brought it up, the stage is already set. The speech is scheduled to start in two hours, I hope this is enough time for (Y/N) to prepare herself." Cal stated. Your heart jumped in your throat, two hours seemed like such a short yet long amount of time.

"Will you be alright with this time frame, ashayum?" Spock whispered to you, seeing you fidget with your dress.

"Yes, I will be fine." You state.

"If it's any consolation, I will be up there with you, I know how these events make you feel." He tried to comfort, it did make you feel a bit better but you were still extremely nervous. So many things could go wrong, such as you plainly humiliating yourself and stumbling on your words, to assassination. Once upstairs, you noticed that only Atticus and your mother remained.

"Where'd Tetsuo and Light go?" Cal questioned.

"Oh, they went off to further prepare for tonight's event, Tetsuo wishes to double-check security and Light went to further deal with the scheduling." Your mother replied.

"Yes, now I would suggest that (Y/N) go to perhaps the library to prepare for tonight, I do not mean to seem pushy, but this event is quite important." Atticus chimed in.

"I will be joining her, she does not have experience in this area and I wish to make certain that this is successful," Spock noted.

"A good decision. (Y/N), do you know the way there?"

"Luckily I do from sneaking around. I will see you all tonight." You excused yourself, you then quickly led Spock away from the group. As soon as the two of you were far enough away, he stopped you by gently grabbing onto your arm.

"Ashausu," He started in a low voice. He slid his hand down to yours and pressed your wrist to his lips as if trying to distract you. His lips were so warm as they pressed against your sensitive wrist. You could feel his conscious touch and envelope yours bringing you a tranquil feeling as your anxiety calmed. "It seems that I have found a way to calm you." He purred.

"Spock- My love, we need to get started on the speech."

"While I would agree in other circumstances, I'm afraid that if we start now, you may become too emotionally troubled too quickly. I have seen your reactions earlier, you've been constantly fidgeting with your dress and your breathing has been forcefully slowed to a pattern on multiple occasions. Both are signs of you trying to stay calm." He argued as he held onto your hands. "Do you not agree that you have been feeling a heightened sense of anxiety ever since you entered the kingdom?"

"I agree, I've just been trying to focus on other things rather than my own emotions."

"So I've noticed. For the speech, I will write some guidelines for you to memorize quickly so you can do a proper candid speech on stage. This will make it easier for you so that you can focus on calming yourself before you speak. Does this sound like a good plan?" Spock planned. You nodded in agreement and he let out a light sigh in relief as if sensing your own relief. He slowly let go of your hands as he regained his usual composure. "Good, now we should go write the speech."