Chapter 8

You sat down at the table and felt your heart begin to warm as Spock's eyes fell down upon you.

"So you are staying another week, Princess?" The Queen opened with as she began to eat.

"As long as my father agrees, yes." You responded.

"Have you sent the letter yet, Princess?" Spock questioned.

"I had just sent it with Ms. Rand before I made my way here, your highness." You replied.

"Good, so you will be prepared for the meeting tonight." The king interjected.

"Correct, your majesty." You nodded. The king gave a nod of approval and you couldn't help to feel a pulse of pride in yourself in your heart, but that lump of doubt and the sense that something will go wrong still sat heavily in your heart.

"Is there something wrong, princess?" Spock questioned.

"No, your highness, just fretting over silly little details." You smiled, easing his mind.

"Then let's get to more important matters, while we're here, let us discuss the future meeting." Sarek announced, he began to explain how the meeting would work, the discussions on the table, how the Andorians work, and other such things that proved to be a challenge to your focus and attention span. Eventually, dinner ended and you excused yourself to the library.

The library was huge with three floors, huge windows, and was made of white marble. Your jaw dropped in amazement as you looked upon the art on the wall, the carved pillars, and the neat organization of all of the books.

"May I help you, princess?" A servant asked. She had long, dark hair paired with grey eyes, was slightly shorter than your fiancé, and had a slim yet young elf-like face. Even her body structure was of an elf.

"Yes, I was wondering if you had any books about the Andorians and possibly the trades between Vulcans and Andorians."

"We do have that, follow me, your highness." She waved for you to follow as she led you up the stairs to the third floor and to the back of the library. She pulled out two, large books and placed them on a nearby table. "The first one is a trade record, and the second is an assessment of the culture, beliefs, and an overall summary on the Andorian Kingdom. Will these suffice?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, thank you." You smile. She took her leave, and you first open up the trade book to look at the latest trades, it seems to be food and luxury technology from the Vulcan side, and military technology and knowledge from the Andorian side. Once you finished looking into that, you skimmed through the second book to get a surface-level understanding of how they'll act and what to be expected from them. Soon enough, it was time for you to make your way to the front foyer. Once you asked directions from a servant, you soon enough met King Sarek in the front foyer, earlier than planned.

"You are early." He greeted.

"I always find it better to be early than it is to be late." You responded.

"A wise way to act, the Andorians should be arriving soon. But may I ask what you were doing in the library?"

"I was doing some research on the Andorians, the recent trade between you two, and what to expect from the Andorians."

"That is unexpected from you, I thought that you would be the type to float freely without preparation. I guess that my expectations were wrong." He confessed. Your heart jumped in your throat, did he really think you were so lazy? You found yourself fidgeting with your dress once more.

"Thank you, your majesty."

"What did you learn of the trade between us?"

"You supply food and luxury technology, while they supply military technology and knowledge." You answered. He gave a small nod of approval.