Chapter 14

It felt like forever until the light of the castle shone into the dark abyss of a room. It was your mother's face you first saw, beside her was a small, brunette servant with brown eyes that held wildfires, they looked so androgynous but couldn't have been more than 14. You looked back to your mother to find her face bruised as tears threatened to stream down at the sight of you. You could feel your own tears threatening to break through as your mind screamed at you how this was your fault.

"I'm sorry, mom- I didn't want you to end up like this-" You choked out as tears began to stream once more. She crouched down to your cot and squeezed you tightly.

"This wasn't your fault, there was nothing you could do. Once he's sober, I know that he will let you out, but for now, let us get some food in you and be patient. General Kirk has already sent out a letter to inform King Sarek and Prince Spock of the situation." She explained softly, you quickly pulled away as your heart thumped hearing the name of your beloved.

"Please don't tell me you told Spock of what's happened to me, I don't want him to know of this." You shook your head, you were already so mad at yourself for getting into this situation and getting others hurt through it, you fully believed that you couldn't allow anyone else to be a part of this hell.

"Don't worry, I kept your punishment very vague. If he were to know, he should find out from you." She smiled. You nodded and got up slowly. "Now, I should introduce you to the person who'll be helping you during this time, Mx. Kieran Summerville. They're a bit new here, but they understand the situation and are willing to help in any way they can." Your mother was introduced. The small human stepped forward to greet you.

"Hello, princess." The teen bowed, you took a closer look at them. They had a masculine outlook, but a feminine figure.

"Hello, may I ask what exactly your gender is? I am slightly perplexed."

"I am nonbinary, I go by they/them pronouns. Is that a problem, your highness?" They responded, now wary of your intentions.

"No, of course not! I just haven't met someone quite like you, but I plan to use your pronouns correctly and accept them completely." You comforted. Kieran gave a sigh of relief, before speaking up once more.

"Good, now I do suggest that we head over to the dining room, your majesties, we wouldn't want the king to become even angrier." They suggested. You were then led by the small servant and your mother to the dining room only to be met by your father's eyes boring into your soul as you sat down nervously and began to eat lunch. He drank his ale like it was water from the fountain of youth, as soon as his cup was empty, a servant would hastily fill it back up.

"How are you enjoying your room, princess?" Your father stated, trying to keep his words from slurring together.

"My room is fine, father." You lied, trying to derail the conversation.

"Derek, don't forget about the meeting tonight." Your mother interjected, distracting him completely.

"Yes, the one with Sarek. I haven't forgotten." He grumbled, taking another swig.

"I don't think he would be as flexible as he typically is if you showed up with a slurred speech." She hinted. Your father growled slightly.

"I'll sober up some if that is what you are implying." He hissed.

"Thank you, love, I really appreciate it." She sweet-talked. The entire time in that dining room went rocky with long intervals of silence to your mother and father having short and tense small talk. Though as soon as you were finished with your meal, you were quickly escorted away by Kieran.

"I so badly wanna stab him in the throat..." They grumbled, barely loud enough for you to hear.

"I'm sorry?" You replied, taken back by the sudden confession of their murderous intent.

"I'm sorry, your majesty, it's just he's so cruel to you! My parents work here and they know what happens to you, it's not fair and I don't know how you do it. If I was in your place, I would probably be dead by now." They stated with a sound of anger and sadness in their voice that hit you like a brick.

"Life is suffering. It is hard." You started. "The world is cursed. But still, you find reasons to keep living. For me it started with staying for my mom and siblings, now I have someone new to live for, and I think he's worth living for." You smiled fondly. They nodded with a newfound sense of confidence.

"Well keep going, Princess! I have your back!"

"Thank you, Kieran, I really appreciate it." You grinned, but the two of you sadly found yourselves at the closet entry. You gulped down your rising fears and stresses and spoke back up. "Well, I best go in before father comes over. Do you think you could bring me a new dress? I've been wearing this one for a while."

"Yeah, of course! I'll bring it over right away!" They promised as you stepped in.

"Thank you." You finished, closing yourself in the dark space.