Chapter 10

~Spock's POV~

Her smile as she left was one full of sadness, not the hopeful one she was trying to convey. I felt my heartstrings tug with sadness and heartache, I cannot believe that I let a human do this to me, but yet a part of me is glad that I did. She has made me feel things that no one else could, everytime I think of her soft, sweet smile, a warm happiness fills my chest, and when I look at fantasy novels; I no longer think of a silly fictitious tale, but of her instead. But still, I let her get away and I needed to find a way to get her back.

"Father, may I talk to you?" I asked once I re-entered the castle.

"If it is about finding a way to marry the princess, then I am afraid that will not be possible." He replied. I hid away my frustrations and kept my growing emotions under control.

"I understand, Father." I nodded. I then made my way to my room, pondering over the few decisions I had. The first is kidnapping, the second being somehow finding a big enough dowry to get her back, and the third being eloping in secret in her kingdom. These three are not my ideal choices, but there is a possibility of me finding more.

"Spock?" My mother called, snapping me out of my trance, it seems that I was pacing while I was lost in thought.

"Yes, mother?" I replied.

"You're trying to find a way to get her back, aren't you?" She asked with worry. I simply nodded in reply, making her sigh. "Well, I am friends with her mother. We could probably get to (Y/N) through her."

"But what about father?"

"He doesn't need to know about this."

"But if he mind-melds with you then he will know."

"We will deal with that when the time comes. Now Josephine is very fond of you so I am certain she will be willing to help. While Darek is very controlling, we can easily find a way around him through Kirk since Darek reads through Josephine's mail." She schemed. I looked at her in shock, I never knew my mother could be this sneaky.

"But will this be safe?" I asked. She chuckled and looked at me with a soft smile.

"Sometimes you have to fight for the things that are worth fighting for."

"I'll grab some writing supplies."

"A splendid idea. I'll wait here." She beamed. I swiftly left the room to gather supplies and come back to my mother already having cleared my writing desk. "Do you mind if I write it?" She asked once I set the supplies down on the desk.

"I do not mind. It would be most logical to let you do it as you know the queen better than I do. Though I would like to write a letter to the General, it has been a while since I have seen him outside of today's events." I responded. She gave a slight chuckle and shook her head, leaving me confused as she began her half of the writing. As soon as she finished, I wrote my letter which simply reported the events as of recently, why he was receiving such a letter, and since humans like it so much, a want to hear back from him. The last time I sent a letter without that last part, he wrote a letter back how I sounded like I was writing a report instead of a letter, hopefully, this will prove to have better results.

"You should do some music practice until dinner." My mother suggested.

"Why do you suggest that? I am calm."

"Don't try to hide it, Spock, we both know you are quite stressed right now. Trust me, you need to relax." She doted as she placed a loving hand on my arm. She was right, ever since (Y/N) was taken away, I have been rather tense whether I wanted to be or not. I gave a hesitant nod back and she relaxed. "Good, I don't want my son to be giving any hints to his father of our plans." She winked.

"I will be in the music hall if you need me. I will see you at dinner."

"I'll see you then."