Chapter 29

You swiftly found a restroom and sat him down on the toilet as you found a pair of tweezers. "Are you sure you know what you're doing, ashayum?" He questioned as you sterilized a pair of tweezers with rubbing alcohol and grabbed a towel.

"This isn't my first incident with those rose bushes." You sighed as you sat on his lap. "This might hurt a bit." You warned as you put the tweezers to a thorn. You saw him wince slightly as you pulled the first one from his cheek, your heart panged with his pained look. "I'm sorry, darling." You pouted as you brushed away the blood.

"Don't apologize for something that isn't your fault, I shouldn't have ran towards the photographer in the first place." He sighed as you continued plucking.

"Why did you run after them? That was highly unlike you."

"It was, the peculiar thing is that I didn't even think about my action before I committed it."

"That was either an instinctive or impulsive action. It looks like I've been rubbing off on you on that part as well." You tried to joke as you pulled a thorn from under his lower eyelid making him grunt. The two of you stayed silent as you focused on trying not to hurt him.

You were wiping away some blood from his neck when he spoke up once more, "You were right that this was going to hurt."

"Yeah, I ran into those bushes once when I was little thinking that if I made it through, then I would meet a friend. May I see your hand?" you asked, Spock gave you his hand and your conscious' met once more. You felt the winces of pain that he felt but somehow you remained calm. "What do you think the headlines are going to be?" You speculated, trying to distract him.

"What do you mean?"

"Like for the gossip article in newspapers! I was thinking of something like, Princess (F/N) Caught in Scandalous Act with Vulcan Prince or maybe Betrothed Royal Couple Caught Committing Premarital Sin."

"It does not do good to speculate, we shouldn't waste time on it."

"Alright, I understand, would you like me to continue talking to help distract from the pain?"

"If you would please." He nodded, you went on to start talking about something you felt you both would enjoy, which was the last astronomy novel you read called The Hunt for Vulcan which was released in the early 21st century before everyone knew that Vulcan was a different real planet and not just a hypothetical one within Mercury's orbit. Surprisingly, you could visibly see his interest in this topic and how engaged he was.

"Alright, and there we go! All we have to do is carefully change your clothes, so I'll go grab some." You stated as you got up, he nodded but it was obvious that he was still pondering the topic.

Once you reentered, Spock began asking questions, "How big was the hypothetical Vulcan for it to cause Mercury's peculiarities?"

"Around 130 to 180 kilometers in diameter according to some of my other research."

"Do you have notes on this subject?"

"Yeah, do you want to come with me to find it?"

"Naturally,"

"Then get dressed and I'll take you to my research." You replied as you handed him the clothes. You watched him slowly undress, careful not to harm himself further. He caught you staring and raised an eyebrow once he finished taking off his shirt.

"Are you enjoying this, ashaya?" He purred, making you blush. "You are extremely petakov."

You smirked at the new word and stepped forward as you leaned into him with your hands on his chest, "And what would that mean?"

"In your language, it is the equivalent of cute." He smiled slightly, making you blush even harder and your thoughts scatter. "Do you not like that?" He asked, slightly worried that he offended you.

"N-no I do- I just um- well-" You stumbled, blushing further

"Now I understand, you enjoy being called petakov quite a bit." He deduced as he pet your hair, only making your heart melt even more. The only thoughts that were running through your head were your internal screams of being loved, trying not to stim, and interrupted thought trains on how to respond.

"You should probably finish getting dressed." You murmured out.

He then leaned down to where he was right by your ear, "If you say so, my ashayum." He breathed out. That only resulted in you getting flustered and you couldn't hold it back any longer, you did a quick squeak and a few flaps of your hand making him chuckle as he took off his pants. It was so blatantly obvious that he was enjoying seeing you like this.

"Y-you need to stop, this is too much." You squeaked out.

"I don't believe that it is necessary for me to stop, after all, I don't believe you are going to die from my advances."

"That is true- but it's- To be honest I-I'm just get-getting really flustered from this."

"Then I will stop for now." He nodded with a slight blush as he finished getting dressed. Once he finished you grabbed onto his wrist and began to practically drag him down to the library. Once there, you let go of him and led him towards a small study room with notebooks on the shelves instead of books, and a table with a single chair. Underneath the table, was a trunk filled with blank notebooks, pencils, and other various writing supplies. "Did you write all of these?"

"Yes, I had to write them to prove that I was actually participating in my studies. Darek would go in and add side notes, critiques, and even scores on how well I understood the subjects." You explained as you took down an astronomy notebook. "This one talks about the hypothetical Vulcan, the first Vulcan planet, and the Vulcan's side of the pax inter nos expedition to Minerva. There's a second notebook that goes more into the history of the Vulcan kingdom and the history of the expedition."

"I would enjoy reading that journal as well, though I do question why you do not wish to bring any of your research with you,"

"There's so much of it, and I would prefer not to bring something with me that is full of Darek's criticism."

"I see, I am certain we have books on each of the things that you have researched in case you wish to revisit any of the topics. There is also the Vulcan Academy's library which is filled with books from every culture."

"I would enjoy that actually." You smiled appreciatively.

"Then once we get settled, I will take you there." He nodded, "We should be heading back towards your bedroom, you need sleep before we leave tomorrow."

"What about you?" You stated as you began to follow him to your bedroom.

"I've already explained how Vulcans don't need sleep every night, I will be meditating tonight instead."

"Can you meditate while cuddling me?"

"You are extremely needy, and while it makes it slightly harder, I can, but I would prefer not to."

"Alright, I can sleep by myself tonight, you have fun with your meditation." You smiled, Spock gave a grateful nod and the two of you continued to your bed-chamber. The next morning, you, Kieran, and Spock finally left back to the Vulcan kingdom and for two months you had been at peace and happier than you had ever been. With Spock at your side, you finally felt free. But after those two blissful months, stress and panic finally came back with a friend.