Chapter 12

Weeks passed by as your mother and Queen Amanda tried to plan out how you and Spock would be together once more, all the while, both you and Spock sent each other letters keeping the other updated, and Spock, to keep your book tastes satisfied, has been sending a novel with each letter from series like Sword of Shannara and The Earthsea Cycle. Both were series he thought you would enjoy. To keep your father from finding them, you would carefully hide them in different places of your room like under your bed, in your wardrobe, and even in your dresser drawers. The same went for your letters, you kept them all in one small box kept under your bed. A part of you hoped that Spock would do the same, but you knew Vulcan's weren't the most sentimental, you had also sent him drawings and paintings you made with him in mind. Most of them dealt with space or forest scenes.

Each letter was somehow hopeful in your eyes, although whenever General Kirk looked over your shoulder to see what he wrote, he would laugh and say how much it sounded like a report. But there were some words that stuck out to you whenever you sent any letter that had any sort of sadness hidden within them, One of these phrases that he wrote when you expressed doubt in yourself was "always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear". You kept those words close to your heart as you went through your days. He would also complement your art and often give constructive criticism to help, it was awestrucking how much he knew. It was two months since you last saw him when your Mother entered your room, interrupting your sleep.

"(Y/N), I have some news." She greeted softly as she sat on your bed. You slowly got up and she lovingly stroked your hair as you rubbed the sleep out of your tired eyes.

"What is it?" You yawned.

"We've been able to negotiate with Sarek, you will be moving there the day after your brother's coronation. So it'll only be two months till you can go back. This way, your father can not disrupt the alliance between our two kingdoms." She explained. Your jaw dropped and you were speechless. "And do not worry about me and Cal, he helped with this plan as he was already pushing his father to allow him to take over. Luckily, just a few minutes ago, we planned the coronation date. Cal and his wife Vienna will take over the kingdom, and you get to go on and be in love. (Y/N), when you're there, remember to just follow your heart and keep smiling, the world needs more smiles like yours, alright?" She advised with tears flooding both of your eyes. You hugged her, keeping her close.

"I'll keep smiling, I promise. I don't think I could ever stop with everything you and the others have done for me!" You laughed. She chuckled back and you let go of her.

"Good, now go back to bed, I'm sure these next two months will be filled with anticipation."

You woke up in the morning, instantly jittering with excitement. Your handmaiden helped you dress as you calmed yourself down. You went down to breakfast to find your father's face quite sour. Anxiety gripped your heart and you swallowed hard. You looked to her mother to find her quite shocked.

"Is there something wrong, father?" You asked as you sat down.

"Oh, I am certain you know what is wrong." He growled. Sweat began to bead your forehead.

"I am afraid I don't know what you mean." You played dumb, keeping a cool composure.

"Uh-huh. Well, I heard from the servants that your mother was planning to send you off the day after the coronation." He accused. You rolled your eyes, wondering who saw or snitched.

"Father, you should know better than to believe the rumors of servants. They are all gossips and like to make up and overdramatize things, they probably got bored and wanted to spice things up. You know that I love you and would never do something like that."

"So if I or your mother go up to your room right now to look for anything from the Vulcan Kingdom, there won't be any?"

"There would be nothing of the sorts."

"Josephine, would you mind checking right now?" He directed, your mother nodded and got up to go to your room. You sat there, eating your food slowly as he bore into your soul and your brothers also sat there awkwardly as they ate their food. The minutes felt like hours and eventually, your mother came back. "Anything?" Your father asked.

"I'm afraid not, they must be rumors." Josephine confirmed. Your father nodded, content with this answer.

"I'm sorry about that, my little sunshine. Carry on." He smiled sweetly. You nodded, finally relieved that the interrogation was over. After breakfast, your mother pulled you aside where the two were you alone.

"I'm so sorry about that, hun. Now I can tell you that I moved your books and letters to a secret compartment in your room I had installed while you were away just in case this sort of thing would happen, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. Under your pillow is a note explaining where it is and the password to it, alright?" She apologized.

"Thank you so much, mother, and it's quite alright. If anything, I'm just glad he sent you instead of going himself!" You laughed, making her laugh with you.

"Don't worry, I have your back on this." She encouraged.

"I know." You smiled.