Chapter 26

Writing the guidelines for the speech was rather easy. Plus, Spock went over everything with you making sure that you understood which points were most important and what order the points go in. Reviewing it was rather simple as well, despite your mind wandering away and you trying so hard to focus.

"Repeat the order in which you are to present the speech." The Vulcan tested.

"First I am to introduce myself, state where I have been, then explain why I was there. After that, I am to explain what Darek did and then go on to say that you have been keeping me safe along with the fact that I am intending to stay with you in the Vulcan kingdom."

"And as your conclusion?"

"Make sure to note that I am doing this on my own accord and am no longer being forced by Darek and that I hope the Vulcan and human kingdoms continue to have a strong alliance."

"Remember when speaking to emphasize what you say and to slow down your speech, this will be important for people to understand you and take you seriously."

"Yes I'll remember, this is only the seventh time you've told me." You groaned, already annoyed by the repetitions.

"Eighth time, and I'm only repeating things to make sure you remember. We both know that your memory can be rather faulty."

"I know, but I'm pretty sure I can do this, especially since you'll be standing there to remind me of what to say."

"Hopefully you won't be as distractible then as you were during this session." He teased slightly.

"Oh love you know focusing is a more difficult task for me- but I can confirm that I will keep a focused mindset during this. But do you think we could take a break? After all, it is only twenty minutes till we are scheduled to head up."

"I suppose we could take a break, you do have the outline memorized after all. Is there something that you wish to talk about?"

"Well- It's about when we get back."

"Oh? Are you concerned about anything?"

"No, of course not, but what exactly will happen? Will I be more- visible there? And what about after our marriage, can we still sleep in the same room together?" You rambled on.

"Your anxiety is taking up your emotions, (Y/N)," he pointed out. "These questions are useless as you already know the answer to the last one and the others are pointless to ask as I cannot tell the future. You'll be alright, there is no need to worry about our relationship, I can confirm that I am not leaving and I have already proven that I am willing to handle any challenges and keep you safe."

"Yes, you're right. I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from." You apologized with a nervous laugh.

"It is quite alright, since we are in a private room I could help you relieve some of this anxiety." He suggested as he went to close the door.

"Only if you want to, love." You blushed.

"I would only suggest it if I were willing." He stated as he held onto your dominant hand. He then placed his other into the crook of your neck and bent down to kiss you. Naturally, you kissed back into him. His emotions were calm as he assimilated your emotions to be like his. Once your anxiety was calmed down long enough, he pulled away.

"Wait, come back!" You pouted.

"I'm afraid we still have business to attend to, let us continue our practice." He insisted, making you roll your eyes as you sat down. Eventually, the twenty minutes had fully passed and a knock was sounded at the door. Spock opened it to find Kieran standing there.

"Hello, your highness, I do hope that you and the princess are ready for the speech." They greeted.

"Ashayum, are you prepared?"

"Yes, let us head on." You responded. Spock nodded and the three of you headed outside to a stage with a podium. The crowd was a sea of humans as they clapped and cheered upon your arrival. You inhaled deeply and exhaled trying to relax as your muscles tensed.

Are you alright, Ashayum?

Just anxious, but how did you-

I am telepathic, though this form of telepathy is harder for me to maintain as I am half-human. Your mind is filled with thoughts, some Vulcan meditations may help.

Honey this is also from the ADD, there is a high chance that the meditations will fail.

That is correct, please notify me if you have further troubles. You felt his thoughts leave yours. You stepped up on stage and to the podium, the crowd was still rambunctious, yet a single wave of your hand made the noise fade, and the crowd becomes calm.

"Hello everyone, I am glad to see you all here. In case you didn't know, I am Princess (F/N) (L/N). As of lately, I have been in the Vulcan Kingdom, staying with the royal family and my betrothed there. I ran away with my family's help. The reason is because of my father's abuse against me." you started, being interrupted by the gasps of the crowd. "The former King Darek has kept me hidden away from the public, my brothers, and anyone who identifies as male or was born male for most of my life, I was only allowed out in public for when I first left for the Vulcan kingdom which was roughly seven months ago to meet my betrothed that my mother and father arranged for me to marry. Before that, it was only my art and written interview that you have been able to see, both of which my mother and I had to push for.

"I regret to inform you of the former king's actions towards me, Darek as punishment would often keep me locked in a small dark room and has been known to belittle me due to my gender and my mental handicaps. He also refused to allow me to partake in any fiction media as he feared of me becoming what he claimed to be 'a rebellious teenager' or becoming a harlot. It wasn't until I met Prince Spock that I felt true freedom, I will be going back to the Vulcan kingdom where I will reside. I am doing this no longer by force, but by choice, and now that the human kingdom is under my elder brother King Calcifer's rule, the Vulcan and Human alliance will continue stronger than before. Thank you for your time." You finished. You stepped away from the podium with a shaky breath as they clapped for you. Your heart pumped with the newfound adrenaline as you walked back inside.