Chapter 24

The journey to the human kingdom was filled with endless chatter between you and your brother, chatter that certainly seemed to annoy your beloved.

"I am curious, (Y/N) has expressed that she has never been close to her siblings and rarely ever sees you, yet the two of you talk as if you have been friends for years. How is this so?" Spock asked your brother.

"Well, we've both been sort of- outcasts of the family, my brothers are more violent and serious. I have always preferred more peaceful solutions and have always been a bit more on the sentimental side. Once I discovered (Y/N) through our mother slipping up and speaking of punishment, I began trying to see her more. While it was only a few times, we grew close quickly." Cal informed, ending it by reaching over and giving an aggressive head pat which successfully messed up your hair and making Felicity laugh.

"Cal, stop that!" You pouted as you tried to fix your hair.

"Allow me," Spock insisted. You nodded and he efficiently fixed up your hair with his quick, long fingers. You couldn't lie, feeling him mess with your hair made you a touch flustered.

"I didn't know you could style women's hair, prince," Felicity spoke up.

"Yes, my mother had me help with certain styles, saying it would make me a more suitable significant other."

"I see, I do wish Cal could do such things." The brunette sighed. Cal gained a look of shock as he looked to the Vulcan and back to his wife.

"Surely you jest, my beloved!" Cal chuckled nervously

"I do not make jokes often, this is not one of those times."

"Prince Spock, would you ever consider teaching me how to do such things?" Cal asked, almost begging.

"I will help you, but I have learned from observation that while these sorts of things will make your lover happy now, other skills will help maintain that happiness," Spock advised.

"Oh? What skills do you mean?"

"Mainly things such as cooking and more 'intimate' habits such as what humans call- love languages." He continued. Cal gave a confused look and Spock continued. "This is another thing my mother insisted that I learned, it is what can help grow a relationship and help a couple become closer to each other and more loved by the other. For example, mine is quality time."

"That actually makes quite a bit of sense." You chimed in.

"Do you know yours, (Y/N)?" Felicity asked.

"Well, I don't really know- what are the love languages?"

"There is receiving gifts, acts of service, physical touch, quality time, and words of affirmation."

"I think mine would probably be (L/L), it makes the most sense for me." You chuckled. "How about you, Felicity?"

"Well let's see if Cal can guess." She smirked mischievously.

"Oh boy- this can either end in me digging a hole for myself or you absolutely adoring me. Is it- oh dear- acts of service?" Cal guessed.

"You better grab that shovel, my love, because you guessed wrong-"

"Wait no I can fix this- is it physical touch?"

"That's yours, Cal."

"Really?"

"It's extremely obvious."

"I see... How about words of affirmation?"

"There you go, but it still took you too long." Felicity chuckled. The rest of the trip was filled with further banter and chatter. But eventually, it was ended by you entering the kingdom. The civilians stared at your kingdom cheering, somehow expecting your arrival. How would they react to you? Would they even like you?

You suddenly felt a hand on your shoulder and looked over to find Spock staring down at you, worried. "Are you alright, ahayum?" He questioned, making your face grow flush.

"Of course! I guess I'm just a bit nervous, I have never had to talk in front of so many people before."

"I understand, would you like me to be on stage with you?" He offered. You smiled and gave an affirming nod.

"That would help quite a bit, thank you."

"There is no need to show gratitude, it is no issue of mine to do so." He stated, making you giggle. Finally, the carriage stopped, and you exited with fear filling your heart. The only thing you could do is hope that your kingdom could accept you and these outcomes.