Chapter 6

You soon made it to the theater and Spock once again let you take his arm. He led you in and to the ticket man who was a younger Vulcan with a more full face.

"When is the next show?" Spock asked.

"In 20 minutes, your majesty. It's a production of Orpheus and Eurydice. Would you like tickets?" He replied.

"That would be greatly appreciated. May I ask for the prices?"

"It would be 10 pieces per ticket. For you and the princess, it would be 21 after, sir." The smaller Vulcan answered. Spock nodded and pulled out his pouch to hand over the coins. The ticket man handed over two tickets and the two of you then made your way to the viewing box.

"Do you know of the myth of Orpheus and Eurydice?" Spock asked.

"Yes, it's a Greek tragedy. I'm actually slightly surprised that you are interested in seeing it."

"A lot of Vulcan's, including myself, do have an interest in other races' culture and history, so we often show different productions from your race and others."

"Wow... So what do you research?"

"That is a difficult question to answer as I research a wide variety of things. But I do research mainly science and history related media." He answered. The two of you were in the booth, it was across from the stage and very high up. Your heart throbbed in your throat as you looked down, breathless with fear. "Are you sure you'll be alright, princess?" He asked, snapping you out of your trance.

"Y-yes, my apologies, I'll be fine." You replied as you sat down next to him.

"Have you ever been to a theater?" He questioned.

"I'm afraid not, this is my first viewing."

"Then you, as you humans say, are in for quite the ride." He stated. The two of you continued to chat until the lights dimmed, and the show began. You watched intently through each scene. You found yourself in tears as Orpheus looked behind him, and the love of his life disappeared. "Are you alright?" Spock whispered.

"Yes, i-it's just an emotional scene." You whispered back. He nodded and he handed you a handkerchief, your fingers brushed his and you felt your conscious brush against his as he picked up on your sadness and comfort around him. He instinctively pulled back and you looked at eachother. He was filled with as much surprise as you were.

"I apologize, I didn't mean to-" He stumbled out as he processed what happened.

"It's alright! It happens sometimes." You laugh softly out as you try to cover up your embarrassment. "Let's just um- save it for after the show." You smiled. He nodded and the two of you acted like nothing happened. Even though you tried to focus on the show, your mind drifted to that moment and how embarrassing it was. After the show, as the two of you left. He brought it back up.

"Do you realize what happened?"

"Yes, our consciousness' touched through your telepathy, probably due to both of our guards being down. You felt the emotions I was feeling, right?"

"Correct, you were more calm than I expected."

"That's because I was focused on something else." You blushed. Your heart began to beat faster as you thought back on that small touch. His fingers were so soft and warm against yours, and he seemed so graceful with his movements.

"I see. I do hope you aren't upset with that moment, I understand that it can be considered an invasion of your privacy."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am." He nodded.

"Good, I wouldn't want you disturbed by the moment either." You smiled softly. He gave a small, genuine smile back as the two of you entered the carriage. The ride back was peaceful but once you entered the castle, the two of you were greeted by King Sarek.

"Prince Spock, Princess (Y/N), please follow me." He stated with disdain in his eyes. Your shoulders tense as the two of you began to follow him. Spock placed a hand gently on your shoulder. You looked up at him and he gave you a nod of encouragement.

It will be ok, he mouthed. You nodded and began to calm yourself through slow breathing and rhythmically tapping your index finger onto the side of your dress. But you couldn't shake the feeling that this meeting would end badly.