Chapter 32

AN: ko-kugalsu: feminine version of fiance, adun'a: wife

The morning came and you were suddenly awakened earlier than usual by a very excited teenager. You groaned and flopped over.

"Princess, you need to wake up!"

"Can you just- give me a few more minutes? I didn't get much sleep last night..." You grumbled.

"I'm afraid not, General Kirk and Doctor McCoy are here and you need to get dressed. Wait- why didn't you get much sleep?" They asked, cocking their head to one side. You blushed and got up, remembering the incident of last night.

"I'm afraid it's a private matter."

"Oh did Spock get in and you two committed the devil's tango?" They teased.

"Only one-half of that sentence is true."

"Oh I see~ Well, today will be the day that you can- you know, caboodle the noodles."

"Where are you getting these metaphors?"

"My brain." They smirked as they tossed you the silver marriage robe. You shook your head as you got up to get ready for the day. Once you exited your room General Kirk was outside your room to meet you.

"Good morning, princess, took you long enough to get ready." He grinned.

"Nice to see that you're the same as always, General." You grinned back.

"Do you have any friends coming to witness the event?"

"Just one."

"Let me guess, little Mx. Kieran?"

"I'm not little! I can beat you up if I wanted to!" The now-angry-teenager shouted at the tall man. Kieran was rather short, standing at 5 foot 3 inches without any boots or heels. Kirk on the other hand, stood at 5 foot 10 inches, which left him looking down on the angry tea-kettle whistling child.

"Do you really want to try fighting me? I am the leading general of King Calcifer's military, do you think you could take me on?" He double-checked, towering over the small nonbinary.

"Oh absolutely, let's set a date and I'll be there." They spouted, making Kirk laugh loudly.

"You got guts, kid! Tell you what, after this whole event, I'll arrange dates to start training you. Then once you beat me, I'll tell the king and queen to knight you. But let's get going, I'm sure the princess has been anxious to meet up with her prince." He promised. The three of you made your way outside of the castle and into the deep forests, the canopy above let yellow rays of light that created splashes of light upon everything the rays touched. You went into the forests before, but not nearly as deeply as today. The three of you passed by small creeks and over mossy stone bridges until eventually, you found your way to a clearing still surrounded by trees, in the middle of the clearing was a large turquoise gong on a stone dais. Over on one side, stood Sarek, Amanda, and Bones, and across the gong sat the high priestess T'Pau with Spock by her side, awaiting your arrival. Spock also wore a ceremonial robe, except his was a deep blue. Catching his eyes, you gave him a soft smile of reassurance. Kirk then led both you and Kieran to T'Pau.

"I've already done my part, now it is your turn." He whispered to you both before leaving. Anxiety welled up in your chest and throat as you swallowed hard. The high priestess looked down upon you and your friend, as Spock tried to give you a look of reassurance but you were too focused on the elder woman seated in front of you. You held up your dominant hand in a Vulcan salute, putting it down once she returned it. She then placed her hand along the side of your head, joining her consciousness with yours as she initiated the quick mind-meld. She let go and looked back down at you, almost disappointed.