Chapter 34

Once you woke back up, you both got ready for the day and sought out your relatives before breakfast started, you knew that both Cal and Felicity preferred eating in private out on the balcony. You found your way there and found them together laughing about something. It was a warm sunny day with a slight breeze.

"Hello, I'm sorry to bother you." You greeted, making your presence known. Despite Cal being the friendliest, you still couldn't help but be nervous due to how you barely know anything about him. But luckily, he always seemed to be in a good mood.

He turned to you and gave a wide smile, "(Y/N)! What brings you to this area of the castle? Please, sit down, I know that you rarely come to this area."

"Oh, thank you. I actually came to talk to you both about a certain erm- issue." You replied nervously. The couple looked at each other with a nervous look and back to you.

"What seems to be the problem, dear?" Felicity asked.

"Well, I'm afraid that I won't be able to make it to the meetings." You confessed, Cal gave a small gasp.

"Oh no, don't tell me it's your anxiety because if so we have already prepared precautions just for you, we were actually planning on going over them with everyone today but we can go over them now with just you if you wish." Cal rambled, trying to accommodate your troubles.

"Well it's partly because of my anxiety but it's mainly something else. W-Well you see I just found out this morning that I am pregnant."

"Oh my, that can be an issue in this case," Felicity mumbled.

"But this is great news! We fully understand, I'm only worried about how Kieran will react! They might just murder Spock for this!" Cal laughed, making you chuckle. "Luckily, you aren't a necessity in this case. The only problem is how are we going to explain your absence to the other kingdoms, you and your child's safety is extremely important to us and from what we understand, hybrid pregnancies are more high risk, and with your anxiety, you are at even more of a risk. I would suggest keeping it under wraps and we cover your absence up with a simple case of the Thyriddean Flu."

"Wait, isn't that the flu that causes projectile vomiting?"

"Yep! Which is why they won't question anything!" Cal smiled.

"Yeah that's true," You shrugged.

"Do uh- Spock's parents know yet?"

"Yes, he's telling them now."

"Alright, that's good. I know that the Vulcans practice intergenerational housing but are you sure you don't want to try experiencing this pregnancy with just the two of you?" Cal questioned further.

"I'd actually prefer keeping Amanda and Sarek close during this time, they know more about this than Spock and I, and along with the fact that I'm so young, I think it makes everyone more nervous."

Felicity sighed, "That is true, I'm only twenty-eight and we're finally having a more successful pregnancy."

"Yes, I-I'm sure if we actually took proper care the other times, we would have had a child by now," Cal mumbled, full of regret. You looked at them shocked.

"This isn't your first pregnancy?" You questioned.

"I'm afraid not, dear, this would be our third," Felicity answered with a saddened tone.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring up those memories."

The amber-eyed queen gave a sad smile, trying to quell your regrets, "Don't worry about it, (Y/N), you did no harm. Besides, it is better to look back and learn from your mistakes than to push them to the side and be ignorant."

The redhead sat up and regained his bubbly energy, "Yep! Besides, we may not be able to change the past, but we can change the future! So this time around we'll do this right and I hope you won't have to experience the same pain that we felt. How about you eat with us, and after, we'll find our Vulcan friends and set out a proper plan! What do you think?" His energy was clearly contagious as you became happier yourself and nodded in agreement. "Let me guess- no meat, right?" He smirked.

"Well since I am carrying a child who is probably vegetarian then I think that's the safe bet." You rambled, making him laugh.

"You sound like Atticus sometimes," He smiled, "Mrs. Rivera, would you be a dear and grab my sister some vegetarian-friendly breakfast?"

A small older, plump Latina nodded with a smile, "Yes, your majesty." Then she quickly scampered off to grab more food. Your brother and his wife continued talking to you, giving you advice along with fun stories of your brothers and mother. They were so friendly to you, exactly how a family should be to each other, you almost couldn't believe that these two were actually human. You hoped that you and Spock could be as happy with each other as they were.