▪ Acceptance▪

Violet was shocked. What did she just read? Did Lady Emma read it? Did she already write an acceptance letter!? Is she going to marry Benjamin!?

Norman: Is something wrong? Violet?

Violet turned around and looked at Norman, she tried to take a deep breath...

Violet: No, everything's okay.." she said, in a calm tone".

It was credible, Violet isn't the type of person to show her feelings a lot. It was easy for her to pretend to be calm.

Norman: Okay..well, I should go now.

Gillian: Oh right! Lady Emma is still in your arms- 😅 Could you please put her in the bed? She looks so peaceful!

Norman played Emma in her bed and covered her. Then, he just looked at how peaceful she looked, and couldn't help but smile.

Norman: Well, good night to both of you.

In the morning...
(Still, narrator's pov)

Emma woke up...

Gillian and Violet: Good morning!

Emma: Good morning to you both! What happened yesterday? Wasn't I with Prince Norman right now??

Violet: That was yesterday, you fell asleep on him so he came by and tucked you in.

Emma: what-!?

Gillian: The way he looked at you was so cute!" she said with stars in her eyes".

Violet: I must say it was very adorable." she said".

Emma: So today is the grand ball right?

Gillian: It is! I'm sure prince Norman will choose you!

Emma laughed a bit-" We don't know that yet"

Emma: What are we going to do today then?

Violet: You already got your dress right? I and Gillian finished the mask with the design you wanted.

Gillian: Yep! And we added golden waves to your cape, it was my idea!

Emma: Wow! That sounds amazing!

Violet: I'm not so sure what we're going to do today...

Emma: Do you all want to have breakfast together? Prince Norman is busy so I don't think it would bother the other girls right?

Gillian: Are you sure? I mean we are maids.

Emma: None of that matters, you girls are my friends after all.

Violet: Okay then! I and Gillian will go get the food while you can prepare it.

...

Emma pov

Violet and Gillian went out of the room. I smiled at them...

I can't stop thinking about...the letter.

I received it two days ago, I shouldn't have opened it. I don't know what to do...

I'm mad, scared, and nervous. But I'm not accepting, because...

Because...

I looked at a painting on the wall. It's the royal family. And there's, Norman. Why am I even calling him by his name, after all, he's the prince soon to be king and I'm just a medium-level girl...But, I wonder who he will choose, I hope it'll be Barbara.

Lies.

No, it's not a lie, don't think that Emma!

You...