▪The invitation▪

As you probably saw in the resume, Emma is a medium class, you might be confused but im going to explain.

In this AU theres classes between people

-Low class, villagers

-Average class, guards, messengers.

-medium class, Loyal workers of the king, nominated people , royalty descendants.

- high class, same as medium but with an infinite amount of money.

- royal class, kings, queens, prince and princess. They have a huge palace and miney for life.

Now that i explained, enjoy the story and sorry for any grammar mistake :^

Emma pov

It was a normal day, at least thats what Emma thought it would be.

She was eating breakfast with her parents, Leslie and Isabella.

Then the maid knocked the door and entered the room, she was holding a card and seemed exited, really exited.

Then she spoke with Isabella and gave her the card, Isabella had the same expressions as the maid.

I looked at the card and it wasn't an ordinary card.

It was THE card.

-We welcome Lady Emma Promised to the 
royal contest-

There was a sign up signature in there and a date of the first day.

Isabella: Emma! Won't you look at this! You got accepted into the contest!

"I'm sorry but i have no intention on signing up"

Leslie: Excuse me? Why not Emma?

Emma: I don't wanna go to a contest just to meet to spoiled prince , i'm not interested into being queen either.

Leslie: But Emma! It might be fun, the prince isn't that bad.

Emma: That will not change my mind.

Isabella: It's okay darling, Emma doesn't have to participate if she doesn't want to...

Oof, my savior mom always by my side.

Leslie: But she has a chance of becoming a queen!

Isabella:Leslie, we shouldn't pressure her if it's something she doesn't want, she doesn't like it at all!

"it's stupid"

Isabella: see?

Leslie: You're wasting your life Emma! "He said with a serious face if Emma didn't understand why he wanted her to go so much" Don't you see how you are? You are perfect and you shouldn't be middle class!

Emma: "Oh please I'm not as perfect as you think, you always judged me for not having princess characteristics"

Emma: even if I run as a candidate, I won't be able to go out with other upper-class ladies! I'm sure they'll judge me. Besides, I'm sure that prince is a brat!

Leslie: But think Emma! A middle class girl, become Royal class! You could be queen with a lot of money! And you shouldn't insult the prince!

Emma: I don't care one bit about money father!

Leslie was with an angry face, he really wanted Emma to be queen for some reason.

Isabella: Darling, if it's something Emma doesn't want, we don't have to push her, it's okay don't worry, but please don't bother her.

She turned around and looked at Emma.

Emma: Yes mother?

Isabella: Your hapiness is my number one priority, i want you to be happy and be with someone you truly love, but trying it wouldn't hurt right? I went there and met your father on the way.

That was a novelty, I did not know that my parents had met that way, but I do not care I will not change my mind .

Emma: I'm sorry but I don't want to go at all.

I stoo d up and left the dining room.

I reluctantly dragged me to my room. I hated to think that I could be in that contest, well I hope that if my parents force me to go they will dismiss me quickly.

Of course i always knew my family was middle class here in the gracefield district. The situation of our family was not bad, to say that we went from one place to another, my father serves the King and my mother is a teacher of a luxury school.

But being in middle class doesn't bother me, although i have been bullied before because of that, my family is kind of the only one that are medium class, and we are judged for that. I feel fine about it, we're a happy family and i apreciate that.

Narrator pov

Emma went into her room and layed on her bed, then she heard a knock from the door.

" Can i come in?"

Emma: sure.

Leslie came in and sat on the bed.

Leslie: Look, sweetie, i understand you don't want to go to the contest but i have something to tell you, i don't want you to anything that you don't wanna do...

Sigh

Leslie: Your sister, Carol, is sick, she got a rare condition and the medicine, it's super expensive"

Leslie: Your mother and i, are struggling to get money, i don't want to be selfish but i am asking you,please join, for her.

Emma: Carol's sick!? Why did no one tell me!?

Leslie: i'm sorry..

Emma: But dad, i can work instead to get some money, i can work the whole week!

Leslie: That's very sweet of you but in the contest, if you manage to stay one week, you'll get an enourmous ammount of money, you could stay 2 weeks and we would've paid the half of it .Please Emma, i am asking you to just stay, if you get kicked out then we could all work together but give this thing a chance.

My heart was broken, my parents hid this from me? oh how they must have felt when they heard the news, but was running in the election all he could do? I looked at my father, he had tears in his eyes, he didn't want to permeate me, he had deeper ideas, and maybe registering could save Carol .

I hated the choice, with all my soul and being, but if it is for my sister, I would do everything for her, because I love her very much.

Emma: Fine, i will do it, for Carol.

Emma and Leslie came back in the dining room.

Emma: i have changed my mind, i will enter the contest.

Isabella: really? What made you change your mind?

Emma: I figured that it might be fun to go.

Isabella: Then you should pack your things, the contest is in 6 days!

Tbc...

Tada!...