▪Taste?▪

???: Do you think I care!? Oh, but I'm sure that you care about Carol..the poor girl, her life is at the limit.

Emma: What are you gonna do to her!? Don't you dare do something to Carol!

???: Then do what I want.

Emma didn't think much of it, she could've just kicked the person but she knew that this person might be stronger so she didn't want to take any risks.

Emma: Fine. But don't do anything to Carol.

??: Alright then, it's settled!" said the person chuckling".

Emma couldn't analyze the person's voice because she only heard a robotic voice, maybe the person used an app to talk. That means she should be more careful, this person is wise.

After she was left alone, she had no idea what to do, her dish was useless now and she had around 3 hours left, what to do?

She overheard a conversation from the maid's room.

Maid 1: Did you hear?? Prince Norman isn't feeling well..." said the maid in a sad tone."

Maid 2: Do you know if he's still doing the contest?

Maid 3: I accidentally heard him, he said that he was fine and that he would still do the contest.

Maid 2: But how!?? We all know how Prince Norman gets sick easily and always feels bad! Poor him!

Maid 1: I think he also said that he felt a lot of pain in his stomach!

Maid 3: Oh dear!

Emma pov.

I overheard Norman is feeling bad.but I don't get it. He's still doing the contest even if he's feeling bad! He should rest!

Then, an idea crossed my mind.

Flashback.

Emma (little): Wow! It tastes amazing! You're the best grandma!

Grandma: Thank you, dear, now let's go give it to your dad, this soup helps a lot when you're feeling sick.

Emma: Really!? How so?

Grandma: It was created by our family's generation so many years ago! And every time someone was sick, this soup was like a cure! And now, you know the recipe my little girl." said the aged woman patting Emma's head".

Emma: That's cool! Come on, let's go give it to daddy!

End of flashback.

Thank you, grandma, this recipe is a real-life saver, I can do some changes like how every family member always added something new. I miss you, a lot.

I can do this soup to Norman! I hope he'll feel better after this.

Narrator pov

For the rest three hours, Emma worked hard and managed to finish the soup.

Strangely, she noticed that three girls had a similar recipe to the one she was supposed to make, especially Barbara, Jemima too, but she couldn't have been the one.

Emma sighed as she served the soup on a plate.

It is now tasting time.

Norman: I congratulate all of you! This makes me proud that you could make this recipe, they all look so delightful.

Emma was sort of the only one to notice his pale face.

Anna was first.

Anna talked about her dish for a while, then Norman tasted it.

Norman: This tastes really good Lady Anna, thank you.

Barbara's turn.

She had a super similar dish to the one that Emma was going to do, but it was a bit modified.

Norman tasted it but then started sneezing a couple of times, maybe because there was a lot of pepper on the rice.

Norman: I-t's delicious!" he said"

Barbara smiled and went in the side with Anna.

Jemima's turn.

Emma noticed that she had used a similar, sauce, no, not similar, the same sauce.

Norman tasted.

There was an obvious face of disgust on Jemima's dish.

Emma pov
Wait- if Norman didn't like Jemima's dish then maybe he wouldn't have liked mine- "I said, noticing my antenna went up".

Jemima sat with an awkward face.

It was my turn now.

Before Norman could taste, a guard came by.

Guard: Prince Norman, the king gave you some paperwork to do, he said that you have to finish it after you finish the tasting.

Norman: Oka-

Emma: I'm sorry but he can't.

They both turned around.

Guard: And why is that, Lady Emma?

Emma: I'm sorry again but you're blind, I mean look at his face! He looks exactly like a paper sheet! And the sneezing! He's sick and he shouldn't even be working!" I said, slightly angry."

Then, Norman started laughing, the guard couldn't help to do the same.

Norman: Thank you for caring for me, Lady Emma."He smiled"

I only nodded, looking away".

Guard: This one cares.

Norman: She does." he said, still smiling."

Right! The soup!

Emma: And Uhm, I made this soup. It's specifically made for when you're sick. Please taste it.

Norman took the spoon and put it in his mouth.

TBC...

Tada!...

Guys I just got a strange idea- hehe;-;
An idea of a new story popped on my mind right after one of my friends sent me a meme, I think it was some sort of game called gacha life? Well anyways, the meme was quite interesting. It was called the 2021-1970 meme. So I got this idea of Emma being in 2021 and then something transporting her in 1970. It may sound dumb and all but what do you think??