▪The gardener▪

What?? Carol is feeling worse!? Oh no no noo, i really want to see her and my family!..

Then i looked at the window of my room.

I just had a good idea...

And it might be a bad one.

I was thinking about getting a rope and going down from the window, i have to get back before morning since gillian and violet will come wake me up. Of course i was thinking about getting there early, i'm just going to do a fast check up on Carol then leave.

A few minutes later...

I finally got the rope! It was a challenge since Anna and Gilda came up asking me why i was in the hallways and trying to know what i had on my back.

Then prince Norman had called us to make an announcement, the talent contest will be moved after the next pageant.

He explained that in that pageant some girls will have to be eliminated.

I'm not really worried, i managed to stay a week and got half of the medicine money, i sent it to my parents and they bought the average medicine.

I suppose it wasn't enough, if i manage to stay a bit more then i could buy Carol the expensive medicine, it works better and could cure her.

Anyways, if i'm eliminated,which will probably happen, i don't mind at all. I will go back home and start working to earn money.

This pageant's date isn't official yet, he'll announce it tommorrow.

Which leads to me escaping the castle to see my sister. I talked so much that i only tied the rope.

Narrator pov

Emma started going down, carefully. She tried to not go in front of the other windows since she could be seen.

At Emma's house

Emma arrived to her house thirty minutes later, the castle is far from her home.

Looking the entrance,which was filled of guards, she would have to enter by the window of Carol's room.

The guards can't know that she's there, they all know that she's at the castle, they'd probably snitch her escaping.

Entering Carol's room should be easy, there was a tree which Emma climbed easily and then she knocked on the window.

Emma pov

Knock knock

"H-hello??"

Emma" Carol! It's me"i wispered"

"Emma!?"

Carol immediately opened the window.

Carol: Emma why are you here!?

Emma: Shhh, the guards will hear you.

Carol: Come inside then!

Inside Carol's room

Carol: i thought you were at the castle for the queen election pageant! Did you get eliminated already?

Carol: I'm going to go call mom and dad!

Emma: Wait wait! They can't know i'm here!  I didn't get eliminated but mom sent a card saying that you were feeling worse so i decided to come to check on you!

Carol: I thought that going out was against the rules?

Emma: Well, it kinda is, i went outside from my room window and went down by a rope.

Carol: Wow, what if someone comes to see you?

Emma: They won't, i told them i was tired and that i'll go to sleep, nobody's going to come see me it's okay.

Carol:i see.

Emma: So how have you been doing?? I missed my little sister so much!"i said while hugging her"

Carol: ow! Not too tight! I'm not even thaf little i'm 9!

Emma: You're still tiny thooo

Carol: Okay okay, but aren't you too old to be scaping at night? You're acting like a kid!
And you're going to turn 18 very soon!

Emma: Okay fine, but are you feeling okay? I see you lost some hair...

Carol: yeah.. i putted this hat to cover a bit, the doctor said it was normal and that it's possible that my orange hair looses it's color when it'll grow back.

Emma: Oh, i see, but don't worry you're gonna be fine! You are a strong girl!

Carol: Thanks big sis, for visiting me, i needed that.

Emma: It's my pleasure"i said with a formal tone"

We both laughed for a while.

Carol: i guess you should go, it's getting late and i'm starting to be sleepy.

Emma: i understand, good night!

Carol: you too!

A little later

I arrived at the castle entry, my rope was hidden in the garden's bushes so nobody would see them, i putted back my hood and went in the castle garden.

Then when i entered the garden, i heard a piano playing..

There was a boy sitting there, he had dirt on his clothes but his hands were clean, probably he's the gardener, theres some garden gloves next to him and a water pot.

He was playing a familiar song on the piano. It was a beautiful song.. talking about a broken heart, it didn't look like he meant that his heart was shattered, but it sounded so wonderful.

I didn't realise that i had stayed there with my eyes closed, the song was really nice which made me forget that i had to go back to my room.

I went in the bush ,infortunaltely a branch broke.

"Who's there?"

Oh no, what do i do??

Tbc...

Tada!.....