xxvii. alone but loved

the weather was calm today even though the sun was shining bright

the weather was calm today even though the sun was shining bright. a light breeze passed through the brooklyn skies once more, as the winter days were already heating up. bucky eyes gleamed in the light as he played around with his fingers. you were enchanted by him like he was something out of this world, a hard to believe thing that you have your hands on. it wasn't like most days that you felt like a little girl again, where you would squeal as you saw an attractive man in your sights. bucky made you stutter, blush, and mush up words just like you would in the past with chase. it you feel nostalgic in some way than others.

you wiped the sweat from your forehead as you ate the plate of waffles you ordered earlier, the syrup dripping down your chin unannounced to you. bucky grabbed a napkin and wiped the golden sap dripping from your chin. you started into his eyes as he did while he stared back at you with a glint, something which made butterflies go wild in your stomach.

the waitress disrupted this as she brought down one plate of the breakfast special and two cups of black coffee, placing them by y'alls sides. you grabbed the creamer from the jar at the middle of the table and poured a miraculous amount in the cup, ripping a couple of sugar packets and sprinkling them in too.

you grabbed the spoon beside you and swirled it around as bucky kept his coffee black without any milk/cream or sugar and drank it straight.

"just black coffee, bucky? wow, you really are an old man."

bucky chuckled at your running joke, "then you're a child for consuming all that sugar."

you looked at him, placing your spoon back on the table. giving him a glare, then you smirked, "fair point."

you shook your head as you took a sip of your coffee, bucky keeping himself strangely quiet but never taking his eyes off you. you placed your cup down and grabbed the syrup again, dowsing the syrup down onto your untainted waffles. you released yourself from bucky's interlocking and grabbed your fork, scarfing your waffles down.

as you were carelessly eating away, bucky, on the other hand, barely touched his plate. he would only sip his coffee, occasionally look at you or the ground. at some times, he would eat one piece of his scrambled egg or take a small chunk of his pancakes, but other than that, he left most of it untouched.