xxiii. just like it was the first time

WARNINGS — talks of body image, abuse

life always threw rocks on your path that stops you from truly finding happiness

stopping you from truly healing and becoming the one person you thought you would never become.

but now you want to become that person, and you don't know if you can.

you found yourself walking to the bar, looking at the night sky. the stars shining down at you, twinkling every once in a while, smiling at yourself but not feeling happy.

yes, you did break up with chase, but what did that mean to you?

freedom? certainty of an adequate future? you didn't know at the time, and you didn't understand it. but now you wanted to, but that would take a long time.

validation that you sought from others was pathetic, wanting to show them that you are better than this or that you can do that. and no matter how shitty they were, you still wanted that validation, wanting them to be reminded of your presence. from chase, your parents, random people.

bucky.

you wanted to see yourself as he saw you the past couple of months you're spent together. he saw you as this broken girl who can do no wrong to others and does nasty things to herself. he saw you as a person who grew up in a broken home. and you wanted him to see you like that again, longing for his comfort. but knowing after that argument. you knew his perception changed for the worse.

but it wasn't that easy.

you mess up. you always mess up.

you weren't going to just become magically sober by breaking up with chase, and you knew that. but in actuality, you wish that was the case. you knew you had miles to go, and it was going to be a long journey. but you didn't know if you were going to make it to the end. you knew the smallest things will make you crack and ruin your progress, banishing you into this darkness that you already suffered through, just to suffer again.