xvii. to new beginnings

bucky grips onto his beer, the chilled glass freezing up his fingers

bucky grips onto his beer, the chilled glass freezing up his fingers. the thrill of the pure liquid rushing down this throat. as his fellow bikers, bikini girls, and other townspeople cheered him on.

he ravishes in the cheers fueling his ego, chugging the drink down one by one, not dropping the glass until it's all gone.

already five drinks down, the cold brew of beer soring his throat, creating this agony in his stomach but the soothing feeling of it coming down his throats excused him from stopping.

he wanted another.

he feels the last drops entering his throats, and with a clash, the glass hit the table, and the onlookers went wild.

"another!"

everyone was cheering, and the bartenders kept serving, bucky paying them the amount they needed.

steve, on the other hand, was not with the group cheering on bucky. he was standing on the sidelines, only being seen from the corner of bucky's eyes, staring at him, painted with disappointment. bucky caught onto his look. he bit his lips, his dumb and impulsive thoughts being pushed to the back and bringing back his control to the front.

he shook his head at the bartender, "maybe that's enough for today."

the onlookers sighed while bucky tried to reason with them. some of them grew angry, calling bucky a coward, saying he isn't a real man cause he didn't want to die from alcohol poisoning. but then, after a while, their anger turned to unamusement, not caring about what he was doing anymore. showing that the world moves fast, everyone grabs an interest for a short time, then leaves like it never happened.

steve came over to the boy after everyone started to disperse and went back to minding their own business and doing their own stuff. he sat on the stool next to him, calling out the tender to give them both some straight-up vodka shots. bucky slapped his face knowing this vodka gonna sting where it hurts most, but he needed it.