xii. coast of potomac

the plains of maryland looked bright, sun shining down, bursting from all the trees

the plains of maryland looked bright, sun shining down, bursting from all the trees. the coast of the potomac in view, you took in a deep breath, indulging the new air you were breathing. as the air flowed past your frame, making the hairs on your body stick up.

you clutched onto the back of bucky, hugging onto his muscles. clutching to them with your life, you haven't been on a motorcycle, and it was scary than you thought. you can see how pro he was at this, knowing all the secret routes and fast passway. keeping y'all in isolated areas to appreciate the ride you guys were having.

bucky kept his eyes on the road, but he felt butterflies in his stomach. you were driving him insane ever since y'all me he had it in for you. he wanted to be spontaneous with you. he yearned to match your energy.

but he didn't know to express that to you. he felt like he's been bad at his emotions ever since evie died. but now he felt like he was regaining something that he missed oh so dearly.

and to you, well, you didn't know how you felt with bucky. but you knew the sparks that were present within, so hard to even imagine. he made your stomach churred in a virtuous way. you just wanted to spew everything out to him, your secrets, your past, your faults.

he was like a good cola on a summer's eve, snorting coke back to back, drowning yourself in pure ecstasy and innocent touch. a new beginning, an experience, just for you to pamper in. you didn't know how it was going to end, but you liked where it was going.

bucky swerved into a gas station right on the hill right off the coast of the potomac, sitting on the sands of gold and the blue sky infiltrating it. bucky parked himself, tapping your hand. you bit your lip, letting go of bucky waist, taking your helmet off. you placed it in his hands as he took his off.

you kept quiet, not knowing what to say. this was your first time actually conserving with bucky, without it involving sex or drugs. you went to the pockets of your blue jeans, feeling your baggies stored in the depths.