iv. it's only fair

bucky lived in brooklyn his whole life

bucky lived in brooklyn his whole life. his childhood wasn't as bad as people thought it was. barnes grew up to be an overachiever, having been an excellent athlete who also excelled inside the classroom. he used to be the person who looked over the little guy, taking out anyone who wanted to bring anyone down.

he wanted to join the army after his dad died when he was 13. his plan was to fulfill his dad's death by joining the army as his dad wanted. barnes hated it tho, all the hard training, people pushing him around. it didn't help that all the sergeants and lieutenants knew his dad, thinking that he's as brave as him.

he was honorably discharged after an accident that left his arm broken. he, of course, fixed it, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to fight again, and honestly, he didn't care. he wanted to protect people in other ways, something that didn't involve killing innocent civilians. he moved to the outskirts of brooklyn, where a small community of people he thought needed help.

bucky swirled the teabag in the boiling water. he knew you were gonna leave in the morning. he never gave attention to it tho, it was an one night stand, and he had plenty of those. he and the rest of the bikers had an outstanding rep meaning a lot of women, and sometimes men would hit on them. but in a town so small, it's getting embarrassing running into them at the diner or the bar.

you just reminded him about someone, someone he wished he helped sooner. maybe it was that experience that made him like that maybe he was born that way.

he didn't know, nor did he care.

i mean, coke wasn't his favorite thing in the world. he did try it a couple times, realizing ciggies were better.

he threw the damp herbs in the can, dropping a teaspoon of honey in the concoction. he squeezed some lemon in it, as steve told, saying it would taste even better. he sipped the scorching liquid down his throat. he tapped the outside of the glass. just the thought of last night made him laugh in exhilaration.

how pretty your body looked, the way your personality shined, your face stayed on his mind while he finished the last drop of his tea. he kept forgetting that he never got your name, oh, how stubborn you were. he shrugged, walking away from his kitchen, heading straight to the living room.

he sat on the comfort on his couch, "ow!" he got up as something poked him from behind, he saw a glint of silver shine between the cushions. he grabbed the key with a dice keychain attached, he jingled it around, the embroidered key number and apartment building name stamped on. he glanced around, seeing a jacket not so far ahead of the couch, he picked it up, the smell of you still lingering.

"well, it's only fair for me to bring this back," he murmured to himself.

NOVA SPEAKS

this a filler chapter 🧍‍♀️if there's any mistakes then understandable i was drowsy asf as i edited this

© HQYLOFT