x. evie & james

2 years ago

2 years ago

"doll, i'm home!"

24-year-old freshly honorably discharged, james buchanan barnes entered the comforts of his home. he smiled as he stepped into his living room. the white walls looking brighter than every color in the house. just clashing and mixing with each other to make a perfect blend. bucky took a whiff of the strong smell of a breakfast platter filing up his nose, the sweet syrup of pancakes, the tangy twang of the bacon, and the milky scent of the runny eggs.

"doll, this all better be for me!" his voice echoed as everything was silent. he inches closer to his house, his eyes viewing the whole scenery, indulging in all the emotions he was feeling. the time was ticking like a bomb ready to explode, bucky was getting more nervous by the second, bucky was about to call out again, and then...

she walked out.

her fair skin-brightened the place immediately, like an angel in the pearly gates of heaven. if this is what heaven was like, bucky wanted to go. her blue dress, complimenting her skin, light and frilly, fitting her firm and elegant frame. her hair filled with golden locks bounced with every move she made, making bucky hypnotizes as he stared at it. running her delicate fingers right through the silk shining off the glowing from the sun hitting it.

as her hands were filled with a tray with golden brown pancakes, baked and stacked to perfection, the syrup laying on the side glisten every time the sun hit.

bucky completely forgot about the pancakes, the bacon, the syrup. just gazing at the gorgeous woman in front of him. knowing that the two years he spent in the army would all lead up to this. just home and seeing her again.

her smile shined brighter than any other, knowing that waiting for two years, crying, and spending lonely days. would lead to her seeing her husband again, all healthy, safe, and not dead in a field.

she was just perfect, just for him.

and he was perfect, just for her.