i. nice to meet you

"wake up

"wake up."

your head suddenly emerges up from the water, an eye-popping headache made a way through as you felt like your brain was about to explode. the world was rotating way faster than you can process, creating a current high that made you feel nauseous. your breath staggers, making you hyperventilate at the end. you paused, taking in a couple of deep breaths.

you stopped a moment, taking in your background like it was anew. you sank down to the tub again, leaving your face out in the open. you looked down at the lukewarm gray water. all but the water sloshing around moved. the silence overwhelmed you. you groaned, quickly grabbing your phone from the ground, the screen lit up. it was only 9 pm, you sighed. a missed call from wanda, you clicked your device off, dropping it back to the floor.

you popped the drain out, the water slowly swirling its way out of the tub. you wrapped the towel around yourself, the water drips from your knees and your toes, hitting the wood floor with tiny splashes. the sudden cold hits your spine as you shiver out of the bathroom. kicking the clutter from the ground, shifting it out of your way, you made your way to the living room couch. leftover coke, weed, plates, and spoons sprawl out on your table. you gawked down at the deadly delectables, pushing them aside. laying back on the couch, you dried yourself up, rubbing the towel against every part.

glancing down on the ground, you started picking up some clothes, carefully sniffing them. fishnets, a pink plaid skirt, and a large puffer jacket, the only clean things you had left in this mess. you quickly put them on, not bothering with bras or panties. you smooth yourself down, looking into the broken mirror across the room, you played with your face, slapping it around, mushing it up like playdoh. your dark circles were more prominent than usual, your eyes stayed bloodshot.

this is what being sober for more than a week does to you.

it makes you miserable like you have nothing else in the world. you sighed, walking back to the bathroom. picking up your phone off the ground, you shook it, the water droplets flying away. you opened up your phone to a picture of chase kissing another girl. your eyes stayed glued to the photo, no reaction building up from your face.