vii. hotcakes and cold shakes

WARNINGS — drug usage, smut

hotcakes and cold shakes welcome to peggy's diner! the finest and brightest diner in brooklyn or at least the only one so close

you cringed at the bright pinks and whites that were plastered all over. you thought it was fine at first, but now everywhere you go. you only see that color scheme. don't get me wrong, you loved all colors and didn't care about the blue boy and pink girl argument, but you thought it was melancholic to be in a diner that looked like a kid's room. wanda snatched you a job at peggy's diner. seeming she was so desperate for some new employees.

once you were accepted, you were quickly fitted into a southern belle type of dress with a pink all over, white undertones, and a pouffy underskirt. and just to it off, you had a cute little headband that perfectly fitted your head. in honesty, you thought you looked very delightful.

you served, dined, and even danced around for your first weeks on the job, going back home to 7 dollars each day. slowly, but surely you were actually making good money.

you even promised yourself no drugs, which you did your best at only smoking weed outside on breaks. even with that promise, you kept a bag of coke on you for emergencies. which you knew wasn't the reason.

you thought peggy would check you for background or history of drug abuse, but she didn't care. she needed people to work, and she seemed to like to person to hire a criminal if it brought her money

you dusted off the crumbs from the apron from the last run, you head into the tiny dust cabinet for some peace and quiet. leaning your back on the wall, slowing sliding down. you were recollecting your thoughts and emotions. you never imagined yourself doing work and actually being productive. you thought you would break down and take a whole fucking bag of the cocaine while on the job, but the weed kept you at bay while you did all of that at home.

even if you slipped up sometimes, brought the wrong order, or spilled water on the customers, you were still a customer's favorite.

it surprised you at first, hearing wanda say that the customer wants the h/c haired and e/c eyed girl to serve them. old people especially liked your humor, and kids liked how pretty you looked.