40 - The Mountains (Epilogue)

y/n pov

I was preparing breakfast in our kitchen. As I scrambled the eggs in the cooking pan I stared outside our window. The view from our window took my breath away every single time. We were on higher ground looking out over the little town we now lived in and the mountains surrounding it.

Jungkook really found the house of my dreams. It had been 1,5 years since we left Korea and said goodbye to the others. When we arrived in Switzerland we laid low for a while. I focused on learning the language and so did Jungkook. 

Jungkook soon started working online again, there was always work for people who were tech savvy it seemed. After a while I also really wanted to work on something again and Jungkook suggested he could teach me some basics. That led to me also finding an online job. This way we still had a stable income and we kept ourselves busy. 

We also had two big dogs, who were often outside enjoying the freedom and space that we lived in.

We kept in touch with Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok via messaging. All encrypted and protected through Jungkook. It was nice to know what they were up to and to know they were safe.

It was always a guess to where Jimin and Taehyung were. They, as they had also announced when we said our goodbyes, decided to travel the world. They would sometimes stay longer at a certain place to work. They had done all kinds of jobs. Whether it was working on a strawberry farm in Australia or working as a bartender in Paris.

Apparently they both also discovered new talents, Jimin had taken some dance classes and the instructor had been so enthusiastic about him that they stayed and Jimin was even asked to participate in a show for which he received money.

 Taehyung on the other hand had always wanted to go to New Orleans as it was considered the Jazz city of the world. One night there was an open mic and after a few drinks and much encouragement from Jimin he gave it a shot. The crowd had been so impressed by his low and soothing voice that someone in the crowd had offered him a job at another little bar, which Taehyung gladly took.

They would still send us a postcard from wherever they were. It had grown out to a pretty nice collection of postcards we now had.

Hoseok had decided to quit any criminal activities and instead became an influencer who did all these dangerous things on video. I guess he would always be a thrill seeker. Especially considering we had actually left because we needed to get away from the police, him becoming a famous internet star was so fitting for who he was. Though hoseok was least linked to any of us so he would be the last suspect for those robberies.

He did end up in jail once but it was only for a few days and for doing something ridiculous, and apparently he was not wearing his shirt. He had sent us his picture from jail, it was pretty funny because it looked amazing. I had put it on the wall together with Jimin and Taehyungs postcard. 

And what about Namjoon and our investigation? Jungkook kept an eye on him, and he had been able to figure it all out. Just not in time.

Not before we had enough time to leave.

He had made the connection between Jimin and Taehyung, and eventually after months he was able to figure out that Jungkook was the leader. In that way, considering me and Jungkook were actually dating he figured I had known about it as well.

The only one he didn't know about was Hoseok.

He had tried time after time to get a search squad for the four of us but we were hardly findable plus Mr Min had urged and pressured him to stop his search.

It was exactly why Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung, Hoseok and eventually me as well had lost that trust in the police

Mr Min knew as well that in case we were found and put up for trial that it would be the end of his career as well as that of the entire anti-robbery squad. Plus the whole Seoul department would be a laughing stock. and as we found out later due to Jungkook's hacking (and also highly privacy invading) skills Mr min had (in a private conversation with his wife) said that the banks had it coming anyways.

My mother was most determined to find me at the start, but I had sent her a long letter that I was happy with the life I was living right now, and that perhaps in due time, I'd see her again. Luckily for me she understood and let go of her endeavors.

The three people I missed the most were Gina, Dong-min and Seojun. We couldn't say goodbye properly and we couldn't risk contacting them now either, to talk face-to-face. I ended up writing them a long letter, which we sent via numerous countries to them. Unable to trace the source. But at least a way to say sorry and goodbye. 

     'something smells nice'

Jungkook appeared walking out of our bedroom. His short black hair was replaced by longer blond hair. Initially we changed our looks as a decoy but I liked his new look and so did he so he kept it. In the beginning I had colored my hair in an auburn color but that was temporary and I currently had my own hair color again.

   'You're going to climb again?' I asked as he had his regular climbing clothes on and a bag in his hand with all the gear in it.

    'yes' he answered with excitement.

I pouted 'I am so jealous' 

Jungkook giggled 'my baby, you are almost able to go again' he walked closer and bent down roaming his hands over my bloated belly

    'and I cannot wait to teach him all of it as well so we can all go together'

I chuckled 'I told you it's a girl, I am sure of it'

Jungkook stood up again and shook his head 'I will be happy either way, we will find out soon enough.' then he wrapped his arms around me and pecked my lips.

     'be careful okay?' I said with concern

He caressed my face 'I love you'

     'yesbig bunny I love you too, now eat your eggs and have fun in the mountains.'